Top Guard Security

www.topguardinc.com

Worst company I've ever worked for, through and through.

Security Officer (Current Employee) Norfolk, VA

ProsSometimes there is flexibility for schedules.

ConsThey bid SO low on contracts to wash out the (better) competing companies, that they cannot pay their staff adequately. Most sites pay less than $10/hr. There are unarmed sites that pay more than hard, complex sites that are armed and require special ID, clearance and training.

Management can't get their head out of their rears! They're so unorganized they won't communicate in the offices. So dispatch, account managers and overnight staff will call you multiple times regarding the same info everyone else contacted you for. It wastes everybody's time from top to bottom, and its inconvenient and annoying.

Uniforms are cheap, tear, rip and look like they're from a halloween store. And they only give you 2 shirts and 2 pants. Expect to do laundry almost daily.

Sites can be nice, but more often than not, its less than pleasant. You'll be stuck in a small booth that has warm A/C, inadequate lighting, insects, no sun protection, and no proper bathroom. Somes sites will be secured, and there are no people and they expect you to not so much as read a book, but rather you stare at a wall for 8 hours. Or it is in an area like a Food Lion lot and your most common interactions are with unmanageables from particular demographics.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you had a reputable company you could bid higher on contracts! You bid so low, because clients would much rather have people like Securitas, Eagle, Pond, Guardus, UAS, G4S etc. But you let clients know you're CHEAP! So they take Top Guard on to save money, not get quality security. Nobody takes Top Guard seriously!

Stop hiring by the busload, TG ends up with these degenerate youngsters who give your company a bad image. Try screening out the hoodrats that are there just for the "paycheck" if that's what it's even called.

Treat your officers with some respect. Understand they have bills, families and a life just like you do.

Reactive, inconsistant, and disorganized

Security Officer (Current Employee) Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Top Guard Security full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The pay is better than other local or regional security… Cons: No cost of living, shift, or performance raises. Staffing of sites based on timing not performance (people with no proven performance in security industry hired… Advice to Senior Management: Go to the site and talk to your employees. Ask them to honestly express without reprecussions thier feeling about your company. If you are not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Disappointing

Security Guard (Current Employee) Hampton, VA

I have been working at Top Guard Security full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They pay a good hourly wage;as opposed to other security… Cons: New employees come in& might work more hrs,or even forty hrs,as opposed to employees who have been with company over a yr or more. Some sites… Advice to Senior Management: Take more of an interest in employees.Not just when u call someone into the office for a write up. Come out to the sites… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Top Guard Security.

Worked for Top Guard Security? Contribute to the Community!