There are newer employer reviews for TopGolf

Fast paced and a lot of fun

Former Employee - Bay Host  in  Austin, TX
Former Employee - Bay Host in Austin, TX

I worked at TopGolf full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good money, great co-workers, fun environment. Decently organized for the incredible size of the place. A very fun serving gig to say the least.

Cons

Long corporate style shifts. This is where the corporate ownership really seems to come through. The restaurant business does not need 8 hour shifts.

Work on cutting quickly instead of keeping people around unnecessarily.

16 Other Employee Reviews for TopGolf (View Most Recent)

Mediocre work space

Former Employee - Bayhost  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Bayhost in Houston, TX

I worked at TopGolf part-time for less than a year

Pros

Management was understanding and polite--at least while I was there

Cons

Tip share was not honest.

figure your stuff out.

TopGolf Response

Mar 14, 2013Senior Communications Manager

Hello, thank you for your feedback. We regret your feeling that the tip pool was "not honest." The amount tipped out to each person is based on: the number of hours worked during his/her shift, the ... More

One big lie

Current Employee - Bartender  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Bartender in Houston, TX

I have been working at TopGolf full-time for less than a year

Pros

The concept is unlike anything else and it's really fun to play there. Most employees are very nice. Business will always be good because they have a patent on the technology. However, I'd like business to be good because they have a great experience there, not because it's the only one to go to.

Cons

Tip pool, poor communication, extremely long shifts, favoritism gets promoted before performance, Also, the building was almost $16 million, but they are still using Excel to enter financial information, and are too cheap to pay for Hot Schedules for their employees.

Get rid of tip pool. Start caring about the guest's experience and make yourself available. Stop lying to employees about everything that goes on in that place. I've never worked for a company so disorganized in my life.

TopGolf Response

Feb 20, 2013Senior Communications Manager

We are saddened by the impression you've had since joining the TopGolf team. We want to make TopGolf a great place to work, and we rely on feedback from Associates to make this happen. I encourage ... More

There are newer employer reviews for TopGolf

Worked for TopGolf? Contribute to the Community!