Topco Associates

www.topco.com

Worked there during a period of tremendous growth and change, which was both challenging and frustrating.

ProsThe member/owner customers are great, with tremendous diversity in geography, size and format.
This diversity presents a great opportunity to see many different aspects of the grocery industry, and is a great experience whether you choose to maintain a career there or eventually move on. The members really need what Topco has to offer them, and are unbelievable willing to work with Topco, so there is an opportunity for tremendous job satisfaction.

ConsThe organization's business model is extremely complex with multiple programs, (perishables, grocery, pharmacy etc.) interacting with many members. In order to address this complexity, they have developed separate functions for purchasing, programs, account management and now member services. Exactly how each of these groups should interact with members, suppliers, brokers etc. was never all that well defined, creating opportunities for mis-communication, overlaps and service gaps.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe former president was extremely conservative in his interactions with the employees, and I believe had a blind shot relative to many of these issues. I encourage the new administration to encourage more of a free flow of ideas, concerns etc. I believe that this approach will make for a more effective and efficient organization and a much better place to work.

Financially secure but not a place for an innovative career

I have been working at Topco Associates

Pros: Continued year of year sales growth. Financially secure. Great place to work during a recession. Summer Hours Company wants associates to be users of the products they… Cons: Top management and majority of VP levels will only communicate with direct reports and information has to flow through levels. Company has no vision. Upper management… Advice to Senior Management: Upper management needs to take the time to engage with all departments in groups of similarly ranked associates. You need to hear from ALL… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good stable company

I have been working at Topco Associates

Pros: Great benefits Good level of respect from peers and management Growing company… Cons: Salary levels are low Systems are old and need to be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Topco Associates.

Worked for Topco Associates? Contribute to the Community!