There are newer employer reviews for Toro Company

Toro walking a thin line

I have been working at Toro Company

Pros

Toro supports a healthy work/life balance, making it easy to get time off, asuming you are up to date on your work load. The people around the building are freindly and get along like a small community. The culture at Toro is built on a strong foundation of priciples and beliefs, while these are begining to get lost when times get tough.

Cons

Advancement is truly a waiting game. Do not look for pay increases or promotions unless another person leaves the company. There is a feeling of resentment throughout the company as Toro let go of 10% of the workforce and implemented pay decreases to the staff. Now, the company sits on a pile of cash and refuses to invest it or give it back to the employees.

Be careful how much you stray from the core values of Toro and the same principles we all helped grow the company on. Poeple are getting fed up with the decreased pay and turnover will truly affect the company as the economy turns around.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Toro Company (View Most Recent)

Toro has a healthy culture to work and grow in.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Toro Company

Pros

Toro is a strong Brand with a history of success. Being associated with such a good name can only help your career.
    Toro is focused on growing and maintaining customer and employee relationships.
    Toro places a high value on experience and performance.
    Toro has high growth potential in the Res/Com marketplace.
    Employees are given the tools and budget to acheive goals.
    Under achievers are given every chance to make changes and improve performance.

Cons

Long tenure of middle management can make advancement slow.
    Training for jobs could be better.
    Under achievers don't move up, but they are hard to get rid of in this culture.

Keep focus on the customer and continue to lead the industry in innovation and reliability.
    Quarterly performance is important, but the longer term view is even more important.

Good not great place to work

I have been working at Toro Company

Pros

Good work life balance. Management in general does value the employees. Decent commitment to research and development with a fair amount of reinvestment into new product development. Compensation is average to good for the Twin Cities. The company invests in employee development with a minimum of 40 hours of training required for every employee each year. Senior management seems approachable and relatively down to earth. Less politics than I have seen at other places I have worked. The company places a high level of importance on community service and even pays for 2 and a half days for each employee to donate time at a charitable organization of their choosing.

Cons

Not nearly enough turnover at this company. There are employees with 20 plus years in mid level roles which makes career progression a challenge except for a chosen few. In general people are not held individually responsible for their actions or inactions, they just get a mediocre review and everyone moves on. There is far too much of a "that's not the way we do things around here" mentality. We don't take the competition seriously enough, instead relying on our legacy brand value to keep us as a market leader. In general there is no entreprenureal spirit in this company.

It was obvious a long time ago that the industry was in trouble but we continued to spend money like it was the good old days. Now we had to lay off 10 percent of the company and who knows when the next round is going to occur.

There are newer employer reviews for Toro Company