Toshiba
www.toshiba.co.jp Tokyo, Japan 5000+ Employees

Terrible....

BRITE Rotation Engineer (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Toshiba

ProsThe name "Toshiba" sounds good

ConsAs an engineer, you can expect to get monotonous work forever. Engineers have been doing the same job there for decades - no one grows within the company, and even the machinists on the floor will tell you that from day one. Engineers last for about 1.5 years on average.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove into different industries that will challenge the R&D department to do something new. The same old product is boring. Become employee-oriented so that high-potential college grads actually want to work there.

Great place to work

Engineer (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at Toshiba

Pros: Great company, get treated very well at Toshiba. Would… Cons: big corporation, big HR department which tends to lead to frequent… Advice to Senior Management: Cut down on frequent unnecessary training for all employees. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Highly Poisoned Work Environment where new comers are not welcome

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Nashville, TN

I have been working at Toshiba

Pros: Very flexible with regard to work hours. Laid back dress… Cons: Highly Poisoned Work Environment where "the few" pull strings and where they Relish… Advice to Senior Management: You set people up for failure. You let others control you. You show… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Toshiba.

Worked for Toshiba? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Toshiba reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Toshiba CEO Norio Sasaki. All reviews posted anonymously by Toshiba employees.