Total Petrochemicals and Refining USA
www.totalpetrochemicalsusa.com Houston, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

It has been a good experience, but I am looking past this job for better ones.

Mechanical Engineer Co-op (Current Employee)
Port Arthur, TX

ProsI cannot say this about every team on site, but the team I work with is great. They show great teamwork and communication skills. They have been out here a long time and know what they are doing.

ConsThe company is very understaffed and underpaid. This company does not pay their salaried employees over time if they come in on the weekends, unlike the company down the road.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want your employees to be happy and stay at the job they are doing, then have the right amount of staff and pay them what the competition is paying their employees.

Lots of opportunities

Intern (Former Employee)
    La Porte, TX

I worked at Total Petrochemicals and Refining USA

Pros: Great teamwork. Managers make it a point to learn about your current work.… Cons: No flexibility in work schedule. A lot of good ideas go unheard… Advice to Senior Management: Better understanding of the employees future goals. Create a more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Like many huge, public companies

Houston, TX

I have been working at Total Petrochemicals and Refining USA

Pros: Good pay and benefits. Good work/life balance. Nice building and offices.… Cons: Very political, like many large public companies. Very strong resistence to change and very weak management… Advice to Senior Management: Provide better support, coaching, interaction with non-management employees. Lead by EXAMPLE.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Total Petrochemicals and Refining USA.

Worked for Total Petrochemicals and Refining USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Total Petrochemicals and Refining USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Total Petrochemicals and Refining USA CEO Graeme Burnett. All reviews posted anonymously by Total Petrochemicals and Refining USA employees.