There are newer employer reviews for Total Quality Logistics

Best Job I've Ever Had

Current Employee - LAE in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - LAE in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I can't understand how some of these are so negative. The only one that can stop you at TQL is yourself. You can say corporate brainwashing or long hours all you want -- the fact is, at TQL, you are only limited by what you are willing to do to make as much money as possible. And yes, the idea is to make money -- so if you don't make money, you're not going to make it here; but that only communicates to management that you aren't willing to put the work in to make yourself successful.

The job requires driven, money-motivated people. That's it. If you aren't, you can still work at TQL in several bonus-supplemented positions that are not tracked by revenue. The environment and camraderie between coworkers is outstanding and I honestly look forward to going to work every day. It's a job that can change your life if you come in with the right mentality and understand what's expected of you -- you can make all kinds of money, sure, but you also make lifelong friends and you are recognized for your accomplishments within the company. On top of that, TQL has such a small percentage of the market share in the industry that personal growth is comparatively easy compared to other industries. I didn't understand the full magnitude of this opportunity until I began selling.

Cons

The only con that I can really think of is what happened to me personally during my training phase after I was hired -- you are assigned to a successful broker (or two) to be trained on how to do your job and become efficient at it for 8 weeks. The system is great, but the broker you're assigned to can forget that they aren't your boss and treat you pretty harshly. But I got through it by keeping my head up and realizing 4 months was all it was going to be until I was on my way to making cash.

Keep doing everything exactly as you are -- the business model is outstanding and the transparency in this company is second to none. I love working here.

407 Other Employee Reviews for Total Quality Logistics (View Most Recent)

waste

Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Charleston, SC

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They will tell you, you can make TONS of money.....oh they lie....dont even bother with this company. Just run away. FAST!

Cons

60-70+ hours, no life outside of work. They will want you to lie to truck drivers just to make more money and all your decisions are based on money and not ethics. If you arent down with the management then you better just forget about getting any of the leftovers when someone quits. Its not a job for career growth, just something to put on a resume. You last more than 12 months, you are doing good.

You micromanage everything and cause unrest in the office.

There is reason this place is ranked top 10 MOST STRESSFUL workplaces!!!

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Sales training is good. Having management push beers on you while at your work station ...could be an attempt at coming off "trendy, cool, hip and rad" if you are a recent college graduate!!

Cons

Stress levels are very high, once the two month honeymoon is over during training. The pay is nothing like the 5 star reviews....in fact roughly 5% of the workforce is making over 60 K a year!! The other 95% its like this: You only get paid when your customer pay off their line of credit ...that TQL is more then happy to keep extending without payment which means you loss...TQL has lots of attorneys working for them...they will get their money but you'll never see that commission!

Stop trying to mask really stress and mental health issues happening on the sales floor. Alcohol is one worst depressants, it only adds to the troubles facing your targeted young recent college graduates.

There are newer employer reviews for Total Quality Logistics