Total Quality Logistics

There are newer employer reviews for Total Quality Logistics

Logistics Account Executive Charlotte, NC

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company that is rapidly expanding. The harder you work at this position the more you get rewarded. Making commission three months after I got out of sales training. Uncapped commission is awesome. Laid back work environment with corn hole boards and a foosball table in the office. Great people to work with. The company gives you a long training process and definitely invests in you.

Cons

Definitely can be a stressful job if you're not used to working in a fast paced atmosphere.

Hire more people moving forward, it's the only way to sustain our continuously growing office and support the success of the LAE's who are doing very well.

456 Other Employee Reviews for Total Quality Logistics (View Most Recent)

Stressful and Unhealthy

Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Made a decent salary when I had no experience in the logistics field. Met some cool people that I worked with.

Cons

Long hours. Highly Stressful. Unhealthy because all you do is sit at a desk all day. Unrealistic sales numbers.

An Honest Rundown

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited Earning Potential--Roughly 50% of employees who have been at TQL for two or more years make over 100k.
    People you work with--you won't get along with everybody but in general going to work is a lot of fun and that is because of the people you work with
    Technology-- Top notch. Nobody in the industry has the technology TQL does to help you succeed
    Flexibility- Once you have a steady book of buisness you essentially work your customers schedules as opposed to 8-5. Thats not to say you can never come to work, but you get a lot more work/life balance once you are established.

Cons

Self Motivated/Hard work-- You can not succeed in this job without going the extra mile. Management will not stand over your shoulder asking you to put the hours in, however 8-5 is not going to cut it if you want to make it big here. If this is a Con then I suggest you get a gov't job where they will pay you for breathing. It takes long hours to set yourself apart from the rest of the brokers in this industry. If you can't committ 100% seek employment elsewhere.

Work/Life balance--When I first started it didnt bother me. I had a wife and no children and I loved the hussle and non stop grinding. When I had my first child this changed. It can be tough at times to balance spending time with family and getting your hussle on every day. However with that said I have also provided a life for my family that I could never have acheived this quickly elsewhere. I am 27 years old and make over 120k per year. My wife doesn't work. I would personally say its worth it, but again if you can't handle that then seek employment elsewhere.

Stress--There is a ton of stress in this job. I mostly felt it when I first started because you are afraid of losing your job if you don't produce. Its a pass/fail job and if you fail you are out. As I grew my buisness and did it over a longer period of time ( I have been working here for almost 4 years) I learned to seperate work stress from my daily life and really have a good handle on it now. It takes time to get used to but once you do its not as bad as people make it out to be. I think the better question would be " what job will pay me 100-150k per year and give me zero stress and wonderful work/life balance?"

Lack of "true" time off-- This isnt TQL, this is sales. I hate the fact that I can't take a real vacation where i can leave my phone at home and do whatever I want. I would love to turn my phone off and take two days to recharge the batteries, but it's not possible is most sales jobs. Its a Con, but again IMO its well worth it to be able to go out and buy whatever I want without checking my acct every 5 mins and living paycheck to paycheck like I used to.

No advise for management, but for anyone thinking of working here be fully aware of what I have written. If you aren't willing to put in 100% dont work here. If you are willing to do whatever is needed to succeed go ahead and apply, but don't get on here after the fact saying you were sold a bag of goods that didnt turn out the way you expected. I have done a bunch of interviews and in every single one I tell the person these exact things. Most still want the job, some decide they don't.

There are newer employer reviews for Total Quality Logistics