Total Quality Logistics

There are newer employer reviews for Total Quality Logistics

Can't wait for the Future

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive Trainee in Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive Trainee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

money, money, money
the management
running your business

Cons

working saturdays at the start of the job but it lessens over time

you will not like this job if you don't want to work. This is all about what you put into it.

keep adding new stls and sgls

Your interview was dead on when you told us we were going to work but there was money to be made

I just started here a few months ago and I just started sales training. I have hit my goals and I can't wait to see what the future brings to me in the next few years.

511 Other Employee Reviews for Total Quality Logistics (View Most Recent)

Awesome Culture

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The job is tough and it is in a very competitive market. If you're not looking for a challenge, then you wouldn't be a good fit.

Cons

It's a challenge. It takes hard work for 1-2 years to really get established. The executive team and marketing teams work together to provide some awesome rewards for the employees though.

TQL is Misleading, Unprofessional, and Offers No After Work Life

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Milford, OH
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Milford, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Unlimited income potential if you don't mind having NO life outside of work

Cons

- During interview they only tell you expected hours are Mon-Fri 7:45 - 5:15. They do NOT mention 'After Hours' or working every Saturday 8:00 - Noon. After hours is where you have to come in early, work late or come in on only day off for four hours (Sundays)
    - They frown on taking a lunch break. You are expected to eat at your desk while answering phones and working.
    - They frown about taking quick breaks. Many smokers turned to dipping tobacco since it's frowned upon to go outside for (5) minues.
    - Moral is low and job security is extremely low. If you don't make the company money fairly soon, you will be fired
    - Each desk has 2 phones, each phone with 6 lines. You are expected to handle 12 lines at once to find the cheapest truck to deliver a load. Most times all phone lines ring because trucks needs loads for them to make money
    - Stress level is super high
    - Management only cares for it's successfull and established employees. New hires and sales trainees are treated extremely poorly
    - You will have no life after work. As a sales trainee, you are expected to make 75-100 cold calls daily. You are not allowed to research companies that may have freight to move while at work. At work you are to cold call only; that means you have to research companies after hours while also verifying whether that company you researched is/is not located in TQL's database.
    - You will also be on 24 hour call. IF you become a successfull broker, trucks will contact you at 2 AM, 4 AM, 10 PM, etc if there is a problem delivering the load. Hours are insane and being on call also takes away any type of social life.
    - Working conditions are horrid. You don't even have a cubicle. Just a low wall separates you from fellow co-workers. It makes your being on the phones difficult to hear because you are surronded by other employees.
    - The company hires ex-military and people right out of college cause they know people like that are motivated and won't mind working 60+ hours a week, being on call, working early n late. If you have a family you do NOT want this job
    - If you are just 5 or 10 minutes late to work, some supervisors will make you work Sunday (your only off day) . I'm not talking an hour or 2 hours late, I mean just 5-10 minues.

If you don't want a life outside of work than this job could be for you. If you want a social life and not just live-eat-breathe work, go for it at TQL.

There are newer employer reviews for Total Quality Logistics