There are newer employer reviews for Total Quality Logistics

Best job I have ever had... period

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This job has endless possibilities. I literally look forward to work every day. This is a job for someone who is determined, motivated, goal orientated, and someone who isn’t afraid of rejection. The reason why most people who work here are athletes is because those tend to be the people who understand hard work pays off. You learn things here that you never learned in college. The days go by so fast and you work with awesome people, who for the most part are a lot like you. One of the best things about this job is that you do not need a background in sales to be successful. If you are a person who does not mind working hard and getting results then this job is perfect for you.

People always talk a big game like they want a good paying job. But what are they willing to do for it? Are they going to put in extra time for it? The reason why people don’t make it here is because they are expecting a 9-5 job where you just do what your told. They want something that pays well but they don’t really want to work that hard for it. They want a $50,000 job at age 25 with a 401(k) and benefits. People who work here want a $100,000 job with all the benefits at age 25 and are willing to work for it.

This job is perfect for someone who is stuck in a job and can’t see any light at the end of the tunnel, someone who is tired of people who are less qualified making more money, someone who is motivated and is willing to do whatever they can to find happiness.

This job is a job that will provide you with endless possibilities. I love talking about my job and there should be no one complaining that they do not have a job. Do not complain about not having jobs when there are opportunities out there like this. SALARY + Commission!

Cons

When you first start out (for about the first four months) you work on average for 48 hours a week.
Truck drivers do not always speak very good english.
Illinois Carriers.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

reviews filtered by

Recruiters beware!

Former Employee - National Sales Recruiter
    Former Employee - National Sales Recruiter

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time

Pros

fun environment, you get to watch TV and occasionally get beer on Fridays.

Cons

This position was not at all what I was told it was going to be during my interviews. I was told that TQL was interested in taking the time to find quality candidates over just finding anyone to do the job which is not the case. Recruiting at TQL is worse than their sales/LAE. Mgmt sets unrealistic metrics/goals to hit and is not open to new recruiting techniques or recruiters working together - upper mgmt. feels that pitting recruiters against one another will somehow end in good team moral and hires - during my time at TQL we never hit our monthly hiring goal and I saw my offices turn over rate reach well over 60%. also, beware that your vacation days will be 5 for the first two years and there is no negotiating. If you want to feel like you do not have the tools to do your job and that every recruiter is out to backstab you and steal your candidates this place is for you.

Advice to Management

be up front and honest about what recruiters are getting into, at some point the burn and churn of staff is going to catch up to you.

Disappointing and Cut Throat

Former Employee - Logistic Account Executive
    Former Employee - Logistic Account Executive

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Sometimes if your good you get beer on special occasions.

Cons

Cut throat management who are part of the 'good ole boys club'. Beware if you happen to be a woman. Its a shame when a company so misleads its new hires who sometimes are straight out of college or who have given up a job for the LAE position. This position is a joke. It is nothing more than a cattle drive to cold calling and telemarketing. If you get hired you will work every Saturday and some Sundays while the upper management lays out. It is not salary plus commission it is salary with a draw and no commission until your draw is paid off. That takes time. If you want to feel like your back in high school with no opportunity to use your mind and skills go for it. Every week you will find people leaving due to not meeting unrealistic quotas or quitting out of sheer frustration. And every week you will see new people coming on board just like a cattle drive. Remember if you are a woman beware.

Advice to Management

Please be forth coming with new hires and tell them the truth about what the job actually consists of.

There are newer employer reviews for Total Quality Logistics