There are newer employer reviews for Total Quality Logistics

Hard work that doesn't pay off, and a revolving door of coworkers

Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Milford, OH
Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Milford, OH

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TQL as a business has a very good technology department and it does a good job updating it's database for the systems to be user friendly. They give out beer for celebrations and they had a nice family Christmas event. If you work at a satellite office like the one I worked at there is a very casual dress code.

Cons

This is a sink or swim job. You are enticed in the interviewing process with things like "the average person who has been here for two years makes $70K." However, what they don't tell you is their extremely high turnover rate. After leaving TQL other potential employers were shocked to learn that I worked at TQL as long as I did - 15 months. People do help each other out when they are new and have a relative team oriented mindset, but those that make it long term seem to have been hardened by the atmosphere leading to a caustic relationship between new account executives and the veterans that they train under. The first portion of training, the logistics side can be a grind especially if you work for an account executive that expects you to make shady deals. When the logistics training is over the sales side begins and the training involved is minimal. It's focused a lot more on coaching you into making more calls and staying as late as possible. I typically worked more than 60 hours a week. Throughout the time working here I noticed people left so frequently I stopped trying to get to know my co-workers and focused only on calling as much as possible as it seemed like there was a revolving door of people coming and going. The base salary is okay, but the commission is where you will really make your money, although the bonus structure is built in the company's favor and works against the individual. Particularly that the draw figure you must make to receive commission is on a weekly basis. With the revolving door of employees customers were regularly handed out to people based on the General Sales Managers discretion, which could be based on merit or solely on who they liked; unfortunately the latter is much more common. Surface level benefits like parties, access to a gym and various contests are a very transparent attempt to appeal to the employee base, yet a concerted effort to properly train and develop the sales team is absent.

Advice to Management

Make sure the employees you hire are people you want to have stay and develop them for staying power.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

First World Sweatshop

Former Employee - LAE in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - LAE in Chicago, IL

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-cool young people to work with?

Cons

Turnover rate is rediculous...DONT DRINK THE KOOLAID! These recruiters will promise you the world just to get you to work for them. They say you can make 6 figures blah blah blah, but very few make over 60k- if you been there for years and work like a dog. I started with a group of 12 people and 10 of us quit by the 5th month. Ive heard rumors that recruiters post on these website to give people the wrong impression. -work over 60hrs a week for mediocre pay- about minimum wage if you do the math -no work life balance. at any given moment you can take a phone call from client. They dont care if you're at a baseball game or trying to enjoy your Sunday. -Do not work here if you want to have a life or have a family -100s of cold calls per day -No commission when you start -Micromanaged -No breaks or lunch. youre expected to work when you eat!!!

Advice to Management

understand that people want a life outside of work and increase the base pay just a little. It can make a big diffrence.

2. Fast paced sales position

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is an unlimited earning potential

Cons

There is a high turnover rate

Advice to Management

Give better leads on potential prospects