There are newer employer reviews for Total Quality Logistics

Hard work that doesn't pay off, and a revolving door of coworkers

Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive  in  Milford, OH
Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Milford, OH

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

TQL as a business has a very good technology department and it does a good job updating it's database for the systems to be user friendly. They give out beer for celebrations and they had a nice family Christmas event. If you work at a satellite office like the one I worked at there is a very casual dress code.

Cons

This is a sink or swim job. You are enticed in the interviewing process with things like "the average person who has been here for two years makes $70K." However, what they don't tell you is their extremely high turnover rate. After leaving TQL other potential employers were shocked to learn that I worked at TQL as long as I did - 15 months.

People do help each other out when they are new and have a relative team oriented mindset, but those that make it long term seem to have been hardened by the atmosphere leading to a caustic relationship between new account executives and the veterans that they train under. The first portion of training, the logistics side can be a grind especially if you work for an account executive that expects you to make shady deals. When the logistics training is over the sales side begins and the training involved is minimal. It's focused a lot more on coaching you into making more calls and staying as late as possible. I typically worked more than 60 hours a week. Throughout the time working here I noticed people left so frequently I stopped trying to get to know my co-workers and focused only on calling as much as possible as it seemed like there was a revolving door of people coming and going.

The base salary is okay, but the commission is where you will really make your money, although the bonus structure is built in the company's favor and works against the individual. Particularly that the draw figure you must make to receive commission is on a weekly basis. With the revolving door of employees customers were regularly handed out to people based on the General Sales Managers discretion, which could be based on merit or solely on who they liked; unfortunately the latter is much more common.

Surface level benefits like parties, access to a gym and various contests are a very transparent attempt to appeal to the employee base, yet a concerted effort to properly train and develop the sales team is absent.

Make sure the employees you hire are people you want to have stay and develop them for staying power.

360 Other Employee Reviews for Total Quality Logistics (View Most Recent)

Overall first good job out of college with high growth potential!

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast Paced, Good Money and Young Environment

Cons

Stress, Initial Pay and hours

Nurture you new hires more and make them feel more of the team rather than lowest on the totem pole.

It is fast paced fun environment yet stressful at the same time.

Current Employee - Logistic Account Executive  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Logistic Account Executive in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Uncapped salary potential; Young and fun corporate culture;

Cons

High pressure and stressful; Management can be political; Very loose HR policies

There are newer employer reviews for Total Quality Logistics

Worked for Total Quality Logistics? Contribute to the Community!