Tough Mudder

www.toughmudder.com
  www.toughmudder.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tough Mudder

Rise above the mud and take your career somewhere you never expected.

I have been working at Tough Mudder full-time (less than an year)

Pros

anything from medical insurance 90% employer paid, 401k, training/development ops, 5 weeks of vacation, team drinks on Fridays, gatherings for office lunches every day at 1pm to the larger rewards, such as being given a stretch role, lots of responsibility, and the satisfaction of seeing your creation, project, or vision implemented and impacting the business.

Cons

Working at this company can consume you: keep in mind its a lifestyle brand - this is not a 9 to 5!

43 Other Employee Reviews for Tough Mudder (View Most Recent)

Unique and inspiring, great place to work!

I have been working at Tough Mudder full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Culture is something Tough Mudder emphasizes from the get-go, and they've stayed true to this. Everyone that works at TM is really excited about what they do, works really hard, and are passionate about working for and growing the company, but also know how to have fun doing it. It's rare to work for a company where employees are given so much responsibility and entrusted with growing and improving the organization. While Tough Mudder was devised by it's founders, they always emphasize its "ours" not "theirs", and everyone at TM treats it that way. They work hard and really take the time not just to get done what needs to get done, but to figure out how to do it even better next time. Don't be surprised to hear people talking about ideas they have for the organization over team drinks on Friday. The innovation never stops.

Cons

Work/life balance can be skewed. The hours are long, and employees have to be prepared to really invest themselves in their job. When you work for a company and a product you love and are passionate about, this should feel pretty natural, but it can be difficult otherwise. "I didn't have time" isn't an acceptable excuse but, with an awesome product and a feeling of ownership of the company, you really want to be contributing and doing your best.

True investment in their employees' professional development

I have been working at Tough Mudder (more than an year)

Pros

Tough Mudder's dedication to the education of their employees underscores their commitment to professional development. Tough Mudder University was created to give all employees insight into how a business works; we meet at least once a month to discuss a Harvard Business School case study. As someone who misses the academic side of college, I've always valued that senior management is comfortable putting our day-to-day work on hold so that we have a chance to think about the high level issues facing our CEO and Exec Committee.

Cons

As other have touched on here, the hours are long. Depending on your position, you can travel up to 80% of the time, which can mean very little downtime. If you aren't comfortable traveling and working long hours, then Tough Mudder is not for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Tough Mudder