There are newer employer reviews for Tough Mudder

An exciting, challenging work environment with great coworkers

I have been working at Tough Mudder full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Incredible people. The best coworkers I've ever had
-Friday drinks, team dinners, lots of ways to enjoy great company
-Mission is important: create unconventional life changing experiences
-On going training is important to the company, and we get a lot of it
-Work very closely with senior level execs, who are also good teachers
-Office location

Cons

-It's been said before: long hours. Not a 9-5 job. That's not necessarily a con...
-Depending on the job, travel can be a lot
-Things change all the time. If you're no ok with constant changes, this isn't a good place to work
-Lots of oversight from management. It's not micromanagement, it's just a lot of management.

-Trust that work will get done even if it doesn't appear on a Google doc
-Keep the training coming, keep investing in employees
-Keep standards high. It's good that it's tough to get hired

42 Other Employee Reviews for Tough Mudder (View Most Recent)

Amazing People & Great Learning Opportunity

I have been working at Tough Mudder full-time

Pros

- Working at a fast-growing company means a multitude of learning opportunities. I've never left the office without knowing something new. If you're considering b-school, considering coming to Tough Mudder.

- Everyone who works at TM is driven, hard-working, and smart. You'll learn a lot not just from upper management but from your colleagues as well.

Cons

- The hours are long; that said, you're working on something you're passionate about. If you want a 9-5 job desk, this is not for you.

As the company grows, continue to provide HBS case study classes and books of the month.

Tough Mudder does not respect its staff.

I worked at Tough Mudder full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved the people I worked with here. A lot of fun, intelligent, energized and hard-working people that I feel honored to also call my friends. When the company first began there was also a lot of opportunity to develop myself professionally and try new challenges, although this is no longer really true. Free swag from sponsors, fun work parties, a chance to travel with the events. Certain departments - strategy, new business, marketing, legal - are treated better, and work somewhat manageable hours for a better salary. But operations (events, construction, course managers), finance, and HR are all taken advantage of. In the end, I decided to leave because of the cons listed below, but I have very fond memories of my time at Tough Mudder and the people I worked with.

Cons

My entire department was overworked and underpaid. 80+ hours a week at an embarrassingly low salary (about 20k below other jobs I am qualified for). The "culture" that makes for such great advertising is used as a tool for intimidation at work - if you ever speak up or disagree with the way anything is done, you are seen as going against the grain, being negative, and not part of the culture. My manager was also a bullying and insulting, it was not a very encouraging or positive environment. In the end, I found the environment to be a toxic work environment and decided to leave.

Stop overworking and underpaying everyone. Stop taking advantage of your young staff. Treat your employees with respect.

There are newer employer reviews for Tough Mudder