There are newer employer reviews for Towers Perrin

Very Competitive workplace

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Towers Perrin

Pros

The people are amongst the best and the brightest in the business

Cons

Overly competitive meaning that your co-worker may steal your client.
Senior management plays favorites.
Senior management are poor managers.
The people have huge egos

Take your head out of the sand. Figure out why many of your competitors are getting inundated with RFPs and Towers only gets a trickle.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Towers Perrin

Pros

The company offered a great working environment that allowed for excellent on the job training. It was a good community with my coworkers and I felt I learned a lot.

Cons

While the working environment was superb at Towers Perrin, I found that the salaries were a bit low compared to my peers also working downtown.

My advice to the management would be to offer a higher form of compensation for your employees. This would increase the retention rate and satisfy everyone.

2. It was the most miserable years of my life

Former Employee - Associate in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Towers Perrin

Pros

TP now TW is truly a brand name consulting firm. Most people have heard the name and respect the quality of the firm.

Cons

In the office I worked, it was awful. No leadership, no communciation, no open sharing of projects or ideas. It was a toxic environment with little imagination or desire to improve. I think the heirarchial structure is really detrimental to the productivity and development of the firm. Too many people have been there for too long and have no idea how other, productive businesses operate.

Put people in leadership positions who have leadership qualities. Give clear direction on goal attainment and advancement. Attempt to reduce the overinflated opinions of senior level management as they are typically out of touch and egomanical.

There are newer employer reviews for Towers Perrin