Towers Watson

www.towerswatson.com
  www.towerswatson.com
There are newer employer reviews for Towers Watson

Seem to be lacking in good leadership post-merger

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Towers Watson

Pros

The people (your peers) are better than most other jobs. The workforce is young and active, and high turnover keeps bringing new faces.

Cons

New policies have been mostly focused on taking away employee benefits. Giving no raises due to "economy" despite reporting profits for the year. Paying salaries that are below the industry standard.

Your employees are a valuable asset. Actually treat them that way, don't just say the words or go through the motions.

410 Other Employee Reviews for Towers Watson (View Most Recent)

Good

Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Towers Watson

Pros

Lots of talented people. Lots of different things going on. Barriers between business units eroding which is leading to better collaboration. Management moves forward with hard decisions.

Cons

Takes a while to root out bad managers - but they do it. Younger people get a bit stuck if they are in a department that depends on lots of renewal business. Kind of cookie cutter and they get bored and leave.

Keep up the good work, I liked it there. The negative things influencing my departure were fixed about a year after I left.

Culture? what culture?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Towers Watson

Pros

Nice offices. Convenient location, free coffee and tea.

Cons

No team environment obvious. Everyone seems disjointed most likely because..."am I Towers" or "am I Watson" They have no culture of team work or sharing information . No feedback on job performance, unless it's unsatisfactory. Never a pat on the back for good work done. Unapproachable management.

Recognize and reward your employees for good work done. Offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticism when improvment is needed.

There are newer employer reviews for Towers Watson