Towers Watson
www.towerswatson.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

A consulting firm that does not properly value its analysts

Actuarial Analyst (Former Employee)
Simsbury, CT

ProsThe people I worked with were nice people. You have flexibility in your life to work from home when you need to. The occasional fun office event was nice. You were recognized when you passed an exam.

ConsManagement doesn't really care about the analysts. They care if you aren't billing enough hours, but that's about it. Compensation was low compared to insurance companies in the area. They started to cut 401k matching. I was given a "promotion" in title, but my salary stayed the same and my over-time pay was taken away (this was to match Watson Wyatt's pay structure in the merger). I got fewer days to study for my exams, I had to pay for seminar fees from my own pocket. Several things just show that the leadership does not value its hardworking analysts. I'm glad I left and not surprisingly; people at all levels have followed suit.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees, my god! We bill $250 per hour and knowing that we hardly get 10% of that is a bit alarming.

Valuable learning experience.

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Towers Watson

Pros: Many opportunities to work on all types of projects. … Cons: Work life balance is difficult. Limited number of senior… More

Very demanding place to work

Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Towers Watson

Pros: Entry-level compensation was generous. Relocation assistance seems to be typically provided. Bonuses and pay… Cons: Poor work/life balance well over 3/4ths of the year. Bonuses do not… Advice to Senior Management: Work on improving retention. I find it unlikely that the most talented individuals are willing to put up… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Towers Watson.

Worked for Towers Watson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Towers Watson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Towers Watson CEO John Haley. All reviews posted anonymously by Towers Watson employees.