Towers Watson

www.towerswatson.com
  www.towerswatson.com
There are newer employer reviews for Towers Watson

Challenging but in a good way!

I have been working at Towers Watson part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Whenever I've heard colleagues talk about why they enjoy working at Towers Watson they've always mentioned their colleagues and I would agree. The people here really are what make Towers Watson a fantastic working environment; despite the diversity of backgrounds people come from, they all share a commitment to collaboration and excellence so it is a very supportive environment which pushes and enables you to be the best you can be. I have worked for Towers Watson for 8 years and have had career growth and development I couldn't have foreseen - every time I've been ready for a new challenge one has come along, often from an unexpected direction. Despite the fact that it's a global multinational, leaders are very accessible, it's very non-hierarchical and there are surprisingly good connections across geographies and lines of business so it feels much less intimidating and more navigable than other global professional services firms I've had exposure to.

Cons

Towers Watson is an 'adult' environment. Opportunities, support, development etc are plentiful but you have to use your initiaitive to take advantage of what is available. People who like to be spoon-fed may be less well suited. Also TW offers a total career/reward proposition so, while the dollars are by no means bad, people who are heavily money-motivated will find other environments in which they'll be able to earn more.

398 Other Employee Reviews for Towers Watson (View Most Recent)

Great Company to work for

I have been working at Towers Watson full-time

Pros

Worldwide firm with personal recognition.

Cons

Nothing that I can think about

Great place to learn

Current Employee - Investment Consultant in Reigate, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Investment Consultant in Reigate, England (UK)

I have been working at Towers Watson full-time

Pros

A great place to learn!
    Excellent study support
    Friendly culture
    Young company and very social
    Supportive of learning
    Coworkers collaborate well and do not compete or judge
    7% pension contribution is great

Cons

In the UK, the head office is in Reigate, which is in the middle of the countryside and very inconvenient to reach by both public transport and car (parking spaces are only given after working 4-5 years at the firm)
    Hours can be long.
    Not a good place to earn!
    Career progression can be slow especially for technical, non-client facing roles
    Career progression very much related to the time worked at the company, rather than your performance or the value you add.
    No reward on hard work, promotion is the same as it is related to the time you've worked at the firm and bonuses are standardized
    Very difficult and political to move teams, and limited opportunity to move across geographies despite being a global company
    Managers only care about their own team and don't care about the company as a whole, limiting employees opportunities to learn how the business works
    Every role in Towers Watson is very specialist due to the size of the firm, limiting future prospects and hindering exit opportunities

Offer the employees a broader learning opportunity and the opportunity to move across teams and locations. Lots of good employees get stuck in the wrong team and then end up leaving the firm when they could have added lots of value to the firm

There are newer employer reviews for Towers Watson