Towers Watson
www.towerswatson.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Culture change since merger - for the worse

Senior Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsDecent compensation.
Opportunities for advancement.
Recent acquisitions have helped up their technology game.
Senior management has a bold vision for the future and seem to be implementing it well.
High quality work output.

ConsLittle work/life balance and no real sympathy for those who want it.
Advancement opportunities are more difficult for those looking for alternative ways to do it - career paths are well-defined, but they risk losing people who haven't followed these well-worn paths.
My group has been understaffed for several years with no end in sight.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people have a life outside the firm. Don't make them feel bad for using vacation time. Most importantly, adequately staff positions.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Towers Watson

Pros: Flexible environment, smart people to work with. Generally provides for good career opportunity if you are self-driven,… Cons: Culture change since merger. Has lessened flexibility around being autonomous in decision making. Managers are not alwasy appropriately… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not a company to work for.

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Towers Watson full-time for less than a year

Pros: People are polite and you can work from home. … Cons: This company is so archaic, it is frightening. And they believe they… Advice to Senior Management: Move to the future, take a stand and set some… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Towers Watson.

Worked for Towers Watson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Towers Watson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Towers Watson CEO John Haley. All reviews posted anonymously by Towers Watson employees.