There are newer employer reviews for Towers Watson

Good and getting better

Current Employee - Group Manager
Current Employee - Group Manager

I have been working at Towers Watson full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employee oriented culture; work/life balance is improving

Cons

Change can be slower than desired at times, but it is definitely going in the right direction

Advice to Management

I learned something early in my career that I've never forgotten. 'A manager is only as good as the people working for them. Work hard to build a team culture and don't forget to seek out and embrace the unsung hero's in the company.'

reviews filtered by
  1. A great working envirnoment

Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Towers Watson full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You couldn't ask for a better group of coworkers. From analyst to senior consultant, everyone is willing to help you out. Everyone is highly intelligent so it keeps you motivated to produce the best work possible.

Cons

As with consulting in general, you have sporadic work weeks. They has been an increase in the number of long work weeks. This is partly because of the office being currently under staffed.

2. Very competitive atmosphere with a structure that is hierarchal - to their detriment with employee relations.

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Towers Watson full-time

Pros

A lot of opportunity to work with large organizations on a national scale. Offered flexibility. Nice office/work space. Mostly great people there to work with and for.

Cons

Boss in another practice and city… made it very hard during reviews (would have to rely solely on what someone said and had several times where it was not accurate, but my voice was not taken into account due to the seniority of the person talking). Also competitive.

Advice to Management

Look at associates as people, not numbers… I won an international award as part of a team there the year several years. My name was announced as part of the awarded team just a couple weeks after let go… colleagues told me about that announcement and the irony...and we had a good laugh. I found the process of being laid off very stiff, especially for my hard work over the years (working many nights until the middle of the night to keep clients happy, etc.). No regard for personal situations that a person is in at the time of RIF.

There are newer employer reviews for Towers Watson