There are newer employer reviews for Towers Watson

Very competitive atmosphere with a structure that is hierarchal - to their detriment with employee relations.

Former Employee - Consultant
Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Towers Watson full-time

Pros

A lot of opportunity to work with large organizations on a national scale. Offered flexibility. Nice office/work space. Mostly great people there to work with and for.

Cons

Boss in another practice and city… made it very hard during reviews (would have to rely solely on what someone said and had several times where it was not accurate, but my voice was not taken into account due to the seniority of the person talking). Also competitive.

Advice to Management

Look at associates as people, not numbers… I won an international award as part of a team there the year several years. My name was announced as part of the awarded team just a couple weeks after let go… colleagues told me about that announcement and the irony...and we had a good laugh. I found the process of being laid off very stiff, especially for my hard work over the years (working many nights until the middle of the night to keep clients happy, etc.). No regard for personal situations that a person is in at the time of RIF.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. TW

I have been working at Towers Watson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great career opportunities with the opportunity to work on challenging client projects. Great work-life balance.

Cons

Lack of integration of the different practices.

can't believe this company was given Forbes rating for most admired company - what??!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Towers Watson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pay and benefits are actually alright, but everything else is so bad that it doesn't matter

Cons

Unfriendly environment. No training whatsoever at the start. 'On-boarding' process is non-existent. Strangest experience I've ever had at any job in my life, no one tells you anything and you're completely on your own, no one talks to each other in the office at all, very sterile and unfriendly, I really made a mistake taking this job.

Advice to Management

train new employees a little bit, it would really help