Good place to start

Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Towers Watson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I first started, there were a lot of great people to learn from. Collaborating with others frequently quickens learning and development.

Cons

Salaries are the same across office regions. Senior sellers leaving the company at an alarming rate. As a result work is becoming harder to come by.

Advice to Management

Do a better job at retaining senior people who land big projects.

reviews filtered by
  1. Very competitive atmosphere with a structure that is hierarchal - to their detriment with employee relations.

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Towers Watson full-time

Pros

A lot of opportunity to work with large organizations on a national scale. Offered flexibility. Nice office/work space. Mostly great people there to work with and for.

Cons

Boss in another practice and city… made it very hard during reviews (would have to rely solely on what someone said and had several times where it was not accurate, but my voice was not taken into account due to the seniority of the person talking). Also competitive.

Advice to Management

Look at associates as people, not numbers… I won an international award as part of a team there the year several years. My name was announced as part of the awarded team just a couple weeks after let go… colleagues told me about that announcement and the irony...and we had a good laugh. I found the process of being laid off very stiff, especially for my hard work over the years (working many nights until the middle of the night to keep clients happy, etc.). No regard for personal situations that a person is in at the time of RIF.

2. A great working envirnoment

Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Towers Watson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You couldn't ask for a better group of coworkers. From analyst to senior consultant, everyone is willing to help you out. Everyone is highly intelligent so it keeps you motivated to produce the best work possible.

Cons

As with consulting in general, you have sporadic work weeks. They has been an increase in the number of long work weeks. This is partly because of the office being currently under staffed.