Good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Towers Watson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are smart, helpful and team players. They have free food many days, which saves $$. I like my job and feel secure, but I know a lot of people who have been downsized after the merger. The benefits are very good. I like that they focus a lot on employee health and work/ life balance.

Cons

It seems there is always some downsizing, but then they hire to replace the eliminated positions. This is bad if you are downsized, or a good friend/ co-worker is and they replace the position with temp after temp because they don't want the headcount.

Other Reviews for Towers Watson

Smart people, creative people, and people who listen to new ideas.

I have been working at Towers Watson full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy the flexibility of working hours, the office space itself and its convenient downtown location, the ability to suggest your own work and be creative, and the willingness of upper management to hear out one's ideas.

Cons

Tangible rewards & recognitions for excellent work don't always happen.

IT. A properly working PC with the software I require to do my job is unfortunately an uphill battle here, instead of the standard.

IT, politely put, is a disaster --- with more rules, regulations and red tape by the day. I recognize the need for security and minimizing risk, but there is a lack of proactive problem-solving ability and customer service, and this can impact one's ability to work.

That aside, nearly everything about this company is awesome.

Thrive on mediocrity

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Towers Watson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you have had a mediocre career, but have the ability to take other peoples ideas, grab leads before the right person with the right skills does, and promote yourself and synch up with upper management, then this is place for you!

Cons

Still having problems with the merger from 2010. Old Towers Perrin culture reigns in the Talent, Rewards, and Communications practice. Not very talented people get ahead, as long as they play the politics right. They don't recognize talent. Consultants are way overworked, and they don't pay as well as the big 4 consulting firms.

You should take your own advice that you give to your clients.

There are newer employer reviews for Towers Watson.

Worked for Towers Watson? Contribute to the Community!