Town Sports International Holdings
www.mysportsclubs.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

I lifeguard and tend to the pools and spas

Lifeguard (Current Employee)
Waltham, MA

ProsFree membership, I really enjoy the coworkers as other down to earth people using BSC as a stepping stone in their career lives.

Constop-heavy in terms of management; an extremely noncompetitive pay. Lifeguards should receive >11$/hr and BSC starts at $9. Finding competent workers quickly who work for just about minimum wage, pay for their own certifications, recertifications, and professional development and also respect their workplace is impossible.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen my raise is less than a quarter, you make it seem like you need the raise, and not me, when we both know that is not true. Be fair to you're workers and pay them the going rate. Lifeguards should not have to pay for their recertifications when they receive scarcely above minimum wage, especially since the members treat us as if we get paid $25/hr and deserve to be treated like minions.

Don't work there unless it's Welcome Team, Babysitting or Clean Team

General Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Town Sports International Holdings

Pros: - Great peers and employees at the club level - Most trainers are passionate about improving peoples lives -… Cons: - large disconnect between Corporate/Upper Management and Club Level Management - unrealistic goals and expectations for Club Level Management, Membership Consultants & Trainers - high turnover - no… Advice to Senior Management: - take care of your employees first and profits will follow - promote from within, employees respect those that have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A company that shows no appreciation towards the people who do the day to day things that make the gym function.

Front Desk (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Town Sports International Holdings

Pros: Free gym membership, 20% off Verizon products, Cons: Awful pay Lack of respect from management Horrible insurance plan, better off… Advice to Senior Management: Show more respect to employees, have better communication with staff,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Town Sports International Holdings.

Worked for Town Sports International Holdings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Town Sports International Holdings reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Town Sports International Holdings CEO Robert J. Giardina. All reviews posted anonymously by Town Sports International Holdings employees.