Towne Park

www.townepark.com

Not bad, but not great either.

Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsI work at the world's largest JW Marriott in Indianapolis, so I can't say my conditions are going to apply to all the other locations.

-Great co-workers. Usually younger, friendly, college-age people.
-Work off tips
-Decent room for career advancement (may vary depending on location)
-Constant engagement with management. (during busy times, they'll even be working the valet ramp with the GSA's and GSC's)
-Highly flexible schedule, great for college or multiple jobs.
-Tips included, some days average about $16.00/ hour. and other days can be a lot more.
-Social environment, good for people who like to meet new people and interact with strangers.

Cons-Low pay, starting wage at my location is $3.00 / hour for GSA's, which wouldn't really be an issue if you always had good days for tips. Unfortunately that's not the case.
-slow days, over-staffing, and lazy co-workers can mean low tips. No matter how much effort you put forth, its a joint effort. There are days when I'll bring in twice as many tips than what I actually get after tip cuts.
-Unless you're stern about what kind of hours you want, they don't have a problem over-working you. I'm a full time student, and for about the first 2 weeks of classes they had me working 45+ hours a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need more employee meetings. Try taking advice from your employees more, we're the ones who are always on the ramp and know exactly whats going on. If the people who are directly dealing with the guests aren't happy with management, are the guests going to be happy with their service??

Management makes the difference

Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) Roanoke, VA

I worked at Towne Park

Pros: Good money, flexible hours, awesome travel benefits from the host properties. This job will teach you incredibly valuable skills, if you make use of the… Cons: Some days you just don't make much money. That's the breaks with a tips based income. It can be frustrating… Advice to Senior Management: Management is inconsistent across properties. I don't get the feeling that Senior Management has a feel (or is very interested) in what is going on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fast paced and felt like a roller coaster at times

Towne Park Was A Great Company That Gave Me A Chance (Former Employee) Madison, WI

I worked at Towne Park

Pros: -Flexible schedules -Always had something new to learn about -Managers were always easy to get a long with -made cash tips -felt… Cons: - pay stinks, the neighbors are paying $5 more per hour...I nearly left if it wasn't for the management - always… Advice to Senior Management: Pay people what there worth. Also don't be so hard on that secret shop thing. It's BS, we… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Towne Park.

Worked for Towne Park? Contribute to the Community!