There are newer employer reviews for Towne Park

In general, the valets at Towne Park are good guys who work pretty hard. The senior management is deaf to valet needs.

Current Employee - Valet in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Valet in Denver, CO

I have been working at Towne Park

Pros

Good guys to work with who, in general, work hard.

Cons

The senior management is deaf to valet needs, in terms of pay, benefits, uniforms, and protective sunglasses.

Advice to Management

Spend more time talking to valets about what they genuinely like and dislike about working for Towne Park.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It's been terrible.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Towne Park

Pros

Flexible schedule. Great properties to work at. Learning the craft of valet and bell is very beneficial.

Cons

First off all the pros listed are not because of towne park you just happen to get them by working for towne park.

This company is a joke. Yes you make tips which is great but you are almost always overstaffed. You are overstaffed because your account manager doesn't care about how much money you make he or she cares about scores on mystery shops. So that means a night where 4 guys could do the job you have 8.

Management directly above you and the higher ups blow. They do not care about you or how hard you work or how good you are. They care about numbers and money. But not your money, their money. That is how they have gotten so big so fast. They go to properties and tell them how much money they can make them and save them. All this means is they will pay you less money than the hotel would have payed. A hotel would start you out at the very least 5 something an hour to just be a regular valet and they would give you raises. Not towne park. They start you at 3.50 and never raise that. All this means is that the days when you aren't making tips you really aren't making anything. Unlike if you were making more an hour then you would be able to deal with slow days or slow weeks. But towne park doesn't care. Because towne park has a secret. It's called high turnover. In any other company this would be a bad thing but for them they encourage it. They would rather bring in a new crew of dummies every 6-8 weeks then pay more. And I do mean dummies. They hire anybody who can pass a drug test. Anybody.

Towne Park will promise $12 an hour and thousand dollar days. Don't buy it. It's not true. Thats what real valets can make at places not run by towne park. So if you can get a valet job somewhere else do it. But not with towne park.

Managers and assistants are the worst. Everyone who is not a valet or a bellman thinks they know everything. Except they actually know very little. They don't know how to run the drive they just know how to pretend to be a boss. They will tell you as a super visor to take charge and control and then turn around and tell you that you have no control. It's an ongoing thing where one day they say this the next day the do another. It's actually funny in a very sad way.

Advice to Management

Get real. Its parking cars. Quit pretending like you care cause you don't. You took away paid time off years ago saying it was because of the economy and to help the company basically survive. hmmm, now you're a 100million dollar plus company aiming for the billion dollar mark and haven't given back paid time off. Strange. Oh wait, no it isn't. Because this company is not about the best people guaranteed, it's about jerry south and his cronies getting paid. That is why he's still a private company. He makes more money that way and has total control. Towne Park is a joke.

Not bad, but not great either.

Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Towne Park

Pros

I work at the world's largest JW Marriott in Indianapolis, so I can't say my conditions are going to apply to all the other locations.

-Great co-workers. Usually younger, friendly, college-age people.
    -Work off tips
    -Decent room for career advancement (may vary depending on location)
    -Constant engagement with management. (during busy times, they'll even be working the valet ramp with the GSA's and GSC's)
    -Highly flexible schedule, great for college or multiple jobs.
    -Tips included, some days average about $16.00/ hour. and other days can be a lot more.
    -Social environment, good for people who like to meet new people and interact with strangers.

Cons

-Low pay, starting wage at my location is $3.00 / hour for GSA's, which wouldn't really be an issue if you always had good days for tips. Unfortunately that's not the case.
    -slow days, over-staffing, and lazy co-workers can mean low tips. No matter how much effort you put forth, its a joint effort. There are days when I'll bring in twice as many tips than what I actually get after tip cuts.
    -Unless you're stern about what kind of hours you want, they don't have a problem over-working you. I'm a full time student, and for about the first 2 weeks of classes they had me working 45+ hours a week.

Advice to Management

We need more employee meetings. Try taking advice from your employees more, we're the ones who are always on the ramp and know exactly whats going on. If the people who are directly dealing with the guests aren't happy with management, are the guests going to be happy with their service??