Towne Park

www.townepark.com

Decent job..at first

Current Employee - Lead Cashier
Current Employee - Lead Cashier

Pros

Has growth opportunities for certain individuals.
They work with your availability.
Many locations, easy to find hours.

Cons

Lots of work.. little pay
No employee recognition...NONE!
No overtime, unless they are desperate.
Lack of paid time off. Not very good benefits.
They ask for a lot, but give back very little.

No advice for management... they do not listen anyhow!

Other reviews for Towne Park

Bad experience in Towne Park in Houston, TX

Pros

Nothing!! Nothing!!! and Nothing!!! I don't like everythings !!

Cons

I resigned!!!! I start at $3.5 per hrs and they promise that I will get at least $13/hrs!!! It's a lie!!!!!!! I worked in JW Marriaot. Manager, Supervisor not let u choose time u available. I work 6 am until 2 pm, I got just $30 tips. Also they ask u to come at event at night 5.30 pm until 10 pm but in real they don't give tips if u not complete work...then I work until 1 am!!!! It's suck!!!! You know what I got only $20.!!! I know some supervisor, they are cheat!!! I saw they keep money and put just some to share!!! I can't do anything. More than that supervisor and manager didn't work with us full of time but they come to share tips with!!!!!!!! I have to let it go... I got not even $7.25 per hours!!!!! It's look a like running factory. Even u pain leg, no pay for anything!! No sit, no drink!! =\

Advice owner to change supervisor and manager

Don't plan on staying long.

Current Employee - Guest Service Coordinator
    Current Employee - Guest Service Coordinator

Pros

Good first time job
    Tips
    Able to work around school
    Some managers where amazing at there job.
    You will park cars many people will never get to.
    You can get all of this elsewhere.

Cons

Years with TP zero raise
    Healthcare costs more then you make
    Company promotions a joke
    Read below for the true debrief

(Advice to my valet brothers and sisters)

First realize you are cannon fodder, rank or file, so don’t act like you own the company. This is a fact of life. Average valets are expendable, thus, supervisors are too. Depending on the site you work at you can be lucky or HIGHLY unlucky. Hospital property- smelly cars, parking multiple POS (pieces of Shi), (no tips)-due to PC BS, and dealing with those who are highly unhealthy or unstable. You will work harder at these sites and with less people. Because of this if you call off you will force your boss to work the ramp more or those you work with, resulting in a very unhappy situation when you return. You will work harder than those valets at casinos or hotels who think they are the best. They simply are not. To work at a big hospital you have to be the best. Hotel/casino property- zero say in what goes on, over emphasized everything, others not sharing tips, people who come from other properties zealously taking tips, below minimum wage (company prays tip makes up the difference so they don’t have to pay it) so that fat wad of cash that is the total amount of tips is just what you should have been making when you signed on. I personally feel tip sharing is a sin. It should be minimum wage plus tip we are not waiters in nice AC. If I’m the best valet I should be tipped as such and if you are not the best you should try to learn to be better or move on. This results in better valet staffing and happier associate; the ones who complain about this are not worthy in the eyes of true, hustle hard, smiling often, car running valets like I was , you silly people who sit in Annapolis need a degree to figure that out?
    TP’s management sells the company. Again, I had some great bosses and have been impressed with the large majority of them. It’s obvious that Jerry’s military background plays well here. I have even heard that Jerry himself is a standup guy. I’m sure him and others read these reviews and try hard to find answers for many of the things here. Even so I am sure it will be the same old stuff no matter what.
    The fact stands, in Jerry’s quest to become a franchise, fortune 500, and billionaire company he has sold out the base of his company (the valets). The years without raises and healthcare are due to this, our short pay is where the extra revenue comes from, and this shows corprate must not care for those who are expert parking associates, supervisors, or assistant managers. I know Jerry will do what many valet ceo’s do. They work hard to grow the business for the right reasons, then forget those reasons for (revenue), and then tire of the process and sell the company to some new valet company claiming to be better than sliced bread leaving you in a losing circle if on the bottom. Because that ceo will do the same.
    Summary of years of work with TP don’t depend on TP to be your savior. Go to school get a management degree and then start from the middle up. The bottom is not the place to be or start. Use this company and abuse it, find ways to have your fun, cheat their systems, then take your small income and run. They are worthy of a two week notice at some sites, so don't to sly to them or take all I have said to the extreme wrong.

There are newer employer reviews for Towne Park.

Worked for Towne Park? Contribute to the Community!