There are newer employer reviews for Towne Park

Take the good with the bad.

Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Towne Park part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great scheduling flexibility. Manageable working hours. Great chance to interact with a wide variety of people, which I guess is a PRO if you are an extrovert, and a CON if you are an introvert.

Cons

The pay is quite minimal. The company does not care to actually take care of its employees and make sure they make a decent wage. Their tagline is: Make your own promotion. That's great in theory, but sometimes people just don't like to tip, and when thats supposed to make up over half of your minimum wage, it can get dicey.

reviews filtered by

Little opportunity, Detached Senior Management

Former Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Towne Park full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules
    Relocation ability
    Some benefits for all levels of employees
    CEO is very down to earth and a great example of a leader.

Cons

Low pay with little to no raises
    Forced to relocate if wanting to move up in the company
    District/Regional management is unaware of what is happening at sites and has little concern for the well being of their managers.

I worked for this company for 5 years, relocating halfway across the country for a promotion opportunity. I was dedicated and wanted to stay with the company for a career. All up until a client decided they didn't really like my management style, and told the company to replace me. The company is more concerned about the client than they are about their staff, and fired me for no reason other than the customer asked them to. I guess that's what 5 years of loyal service to this company gets you.

This is a good company if you are looking for a job to make some tip money and meet new people, but be weary of the district managers caring more for the clients than the employees.

Not everyone wants to be a manager, raises for line level associates should be happening. Treat loyal employees with respect and understand that your employees should be as important to you as your clients.

Loyalty Trumps Competence

Former Employee - Finance in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Finance in Annapolis, MD

I worked at Towne Park full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Top management may take Company public when economy improves.

Cons

Finance department hurting from top management without public accounting experience.

A big four accounting firm would not be comfortable with Finance leadership.

There are newer employer reviews for Towne Park