There are newer employer reviews for Towne Park

Good people and a solid company

Former Employee - Valet/Bell Services in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Valet/Bell Services in Orlando, FL

I worked at Towne Park part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hiring practices and promoting from within creates managers who care about the company and all team members. Potential for very good money with tips. Excellent opportunity for training and advancement.

Cons

Tipped positions have very inconsistent pay, especially in areas with heavy tourist seasons. Sometimes the contract nature of the position causes conflicting orders from Towne Park management vs. hotel management.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR!

Former Employee - Valet in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Valet in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Towne Park part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met some nice people

Cons

We had to do tip share, but people were always pocketing their tips hurting those who actually did what they were supposed to. I filed a sexual harrasment charge on my creepy drug addicted supervisor, but nothing happened. Employees frequently drank on the job, made drug deals on the job, etc. Managment wasn't able to do anything for the copmany, and the hotel always hated all of the valets

Easy to get job, hard to keep

Current Employee - Valet in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Valet in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Towne Park full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will hire most anyone. The interview was a group interview and it was very easy. You get tips which you can report or not, its up to you. But it is not like the IRS will audit someone making 20k/year. Most account are at hotels which offer free food. Since the turnover rate is so high you can probably get promoted easily.

Cons

They treat you like a slave. No benefits unless you are management. Your tips are supposed to be spread across the week so that on average you are making at least minimum wage. So on some days you actually make less than minimum wage because hourly is only $5

Advice to Management

Pay your employees for what they earned that day, don't spread the tips across the week to get an average of at least minimum wage.