There are newer employer reviews for Towne Park

It is what it is

Former Employee - GSC  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - GSC in Washington, DC

I worked at Towne Park full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good tips if you work at the right hotel
Free meal if you are at a nice hotel
It is fun mingling with new immigrants and learning languages.
Good friendships formed from long hours

Cons

Poor Hours
Bad Managers
Shady Employees
They didnt give us jackets until January. It was freezing outside for 2 months!

Pay a slightly higher wage in order to retain the people who do well. Until this happens, you will only get immigrants and college kids

133 Other Employee Reviews for Towne Park (View Most Recent)

Dynamic growth company with strong networking and understanding of the hospitality industry

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Towne Park full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great opportunities to network, learn the hospitality industry, and develop management and relationship-building skills

Cons

Long hours, lack of room for talent development, sub-par empowerment for site managers

Develop strategies for talent optimization and retention of top employees; lower attrition rate through improved hiring practices

Dehumanizing

Current Employee - Valet Attendant  in  Miami Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Valet Attendant in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Towne Park full-time for less than a year

Pros

Valet is an easy get job. Most probobaly because of the nature of the job most employees tend to leave in a matter of six months to a year hence, turn over is high & demand for runners aswell. Money eneryday in your pocket & flexibility of schedule.

Cons

This has had to be by far the worst experience I have ever had at a valet company. I don't even know where to start. They have a very strange motto their at town park. their motto is "If you're not bringing in good tips it's because you're either stealing or not working." Apparently this is the owner's motto. Doesn't really leave much to expectation or how they're going to treat you. Now, I don't know if it was just the supervisors that I met or that those are accurately portraying town park's attitude towards runners. Some were very nice. Every time you turn in your tip for the next cut, if it doesn't match up with everyone else's or if it was a small amount they criticize you & talk down to you like you're a child who just took a poop outside of the potty. The most disrespectful part to me is that they try to insinuate that you're either stealing or not working since that's the owner's motto. They require you to run at all times on the ramp, to get a car, to return from the parking facility, etc., etc., etc. You aren't provided or even allowed to have a rain coat or poncho for the rain. You're just supposed to get soaked & risk getting a cold like an animal. If you get sick & can't come to work they require you to bring in a doctors note which cost more then what you make in a day. They expect this from minimum wage earners with no regard to their health. If you don't provide the doctor's note, you're written up. Management has 101 ways of finding something to write you up for even if they don't have actually proof that you did. Yeah, that's right... I was actually almost written up for something I did do & that they had no proof of & if it weren't for me defending my self I would have been written up. They like to complain about having a ramp full of too many cars & that the team shouldn't be having to need the garage team to assist yet, they make no one park & pull or have the initiative to assign someone the responsibility of dumping cars so that the rest can concentrate on retrieving cars. When you do park & then retrieve cars you obviously end up with less money & then they give you adversity ignoring the fact that you've been parking & retrieving. Theirs just no way to please them. They talk so much crap about how THEY BUST their but on the ramp yet don't realize that runners do double the work because unlike a ramp supervisor, runners have to make the money from the sweat of our brow while they in the meantime just stand around giving tickets & the occasional sprint across the ramp to fetch the ferrari or rolls royce that they're probably pocketing. Which brings me to the last con. When it's finally time to do the tip cut they bring it to the back were no one can see what they hell they're doing & you're aren't told either what amount everyone individually made so you could do the math. I'm leaving this place ASAP, no customary notification because they don't deserve it!

Take control of the ramp system & the disciplinary system that you're out of control supervisors put upon runners.

There are newer employer reviews for Towne Park

Worked for Towne Park? Contribute to the Community!