Townsquare Media

www.townsquaremedia.com
  www.townsquaremedia.com
There are newer employer reviews for Townsquare Media

Townsquare is innovative and progressive, but should really get ahead of their growth.

I have been working at Townsquare Media full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Flexibility
- Great corporate staff and support
- Fun environment
- Some travel and other opportunities, like concerts and events

Cons

- Long hours
- Typically lower than industry average pay
- Having to perform duties outside of job description
- Expectations and requirements for jobs change quickly and often

Get ahead of your growth by hiring more people, rather than expecting everyone to perform multiple job roles. The direction of the company is great, but you need to have the staff to support it to prevent burnout.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Townsquare Media (View Most Recent)

A lot of work with little p(l)ay.

I worked at Townsquare Media full-time

Pros

The daily workload was diverse.
    You get to work with fun, outgoing individuals.
    You'll love working for this company if you love being around music on a daily basis

Cons

The daily workload was lot to accomplish at times.
    There were times when management didn't understand what the individual markets like (or what will work).

Pay could be better. Paid time off was better before the policy was changed.

If you're in sales, and not lazy, you'll make some serious money.

I have been working at Townsquare Media

Pros

TSM is light years ahead of other media companies in digital marketing. Digital is where the big bucks are in the coming years. When you combine that with on-air and live events, you can make serious money with TSM. But here is the caveat, you have to WORK for it! Time and time again, I read reviews of sales people complaining about TSM and not making enough money. I'm here to tell you, if you REALLY work it, you can make 100k a year within 3-5 years. I've been with TSM for 4 years now, and I'll end this year at 120k.

Cons

Sure, not everything is peppermint and chocolate. The more you sell, the more they want, but then you make even more! When it comes to annual budgets, I will say that corporate needs to back off on the over performing markets and ride under performing markets more. They tend to whip the better horses and ask for more than the nags. At some point, the studs won't be able to keep up.

A little too much micro-managing, back off somewhat. Kick the sucky markets in the arse, and give the throughbreds more of a loose reign to do what they do.

There are newer employer reviews for Townsquare Media