Toyota

www.toyota.co.jp

Great plant but has a lot of growing up to do.

Specialist (Current Employee) Princeton, IN

ProsGreat non-exempt workforce. Never had a more satisfying experience than working with the T/M's that build the product.

Toyota as a whole is built on good fundamentals and the experience is challenging.

ConsThis is the second Toyota Manufacturing Plant I have worked at. Regarding TMMI, I feel the exempt culture at this plant is miss-shaped compared to other Toyota facilities working the Toyota Way.

I notice that the relationship between Managers/A.M.s and Specialists is quite heavy-handed if not adversarial at times. This is really evident in their H.R. policies which are very conservative compared to other plants and lack any definition or flexibility. H.R. policies at this plant are applied very inconsistently.

Leadership communication is usually one way and very top down. TMMI middle managers are very perception driven and I see terrific opportunities wasted because of politics and narrow focus. Again not typical of other Toyota plants. I see rush to judgement and reaction that is often not thought through. This only serves to tear down the stability of the processes and not strengthen them.

This plant has an excellent professional workforce but I see the Specialists often spun in every direction with little opportunity to give their work the time required to do it right with a lasting contribution. Very high expectations placed on Specialists here with very few rewards.

On the whole, this plant has it's priorities straight on the floor and builds good product but in the office culture has a lot of growing left to do. I see this management team having benefited from years of good sales and not really knowing if what they did all these years served the better purpose or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel TMMI leadership needs to get back to the basics and see how "respect for people" is put into practice at other facilities. Then get back to basics on everything else.

Great Pay, Good Hours, Great upper Management, Great Company.

Quality Engineer (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Toyota

Pros: Great satisfaction in your product. Great Pay and benefits. Toyota cares for… Cons: Location. At times, work life balance can be a concern. Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. The market will turn… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

kaizen

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Toyota

Pros: Great product with plenty of room for growth in the… Cons: The hours can be long and many. Advice to Senior Management: Being a manager is more than just telling people what to do. Getting people to willingly follow your commands… More

There are newer reviews on Toyota.

Worked for Toyota? Contribute to the Community!