Mediocre

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Princeton, IN
Current Employee - Specialist in Princeton, IN

I have been working at Toyota

Pros

TMMI offers great benefits, however when I first started the company all health benefits at no cost. Then they started charging a small amount and have since raised the amount a little more. The benefits are great and cover most expenses. Toyota as a company has a great track record for high job security. They just recently offered the 2nd buyout offer since Toyota has been in the US.

Cons

Currently there is a global hiring freeze and little to no chance of advancement. This is very discouraging when you had hopes of moving up the corporate ladder. I would also recommend senior management to lead more by example. Less meetings and more face time with the team members.

lead by example, get active in the actual floor activity

Other Reviews for Toyota

Great plant but has a lot of growing up to do.

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Princeton, IN
    Current Employee - Specialist in Princeton, IN

I have been working at Toyota

Pros

Great non-exempt workforce. Never had a more satisfying experience than working with the T/M's that build the product.

Toyota as a whole is built on good fundamentals and the experience is challenging.

Cons

This is the second Toyota Manufacturing Plant I have worked at. Regarding TMMI, I feel the exempt culture at this plant is miss-shaped compared to other Toyota facilities working the Toyota Way.

I notice that the relationship between Managers/A.M.s and Specialists is quite heavy-handed if not adversarial at times. This is really evident in their H.R. policies which are very conservative compared to other plants and lack any definition or flexibility. H.R. policies at this plant are applied very inconsistently.

Leadership communication is usually one way and very top down. TMMI middle managers are very perception driven and I see terrific opportunities wasted because of politics and narrow focus. Again not typical of other Toyota plants. I see rush to judgement and reaction that is often not thought through. This only serves to tear down the stability of the processes and not strengthen them.

This plant has an excellent professional workforce but I see the Specialists often spun in every direction with little opportunity to give their work the time required to do it right with a lasting contribution. Very high expectations placed on Specialists here with very few rewards.

On the whole, this plant has it's priorities straight on the floor and builds good product but in the office culture has a lot of growing left to do. I see this management team having benefited from years of good sales and not really knowing if what they did all these years served the better purpose or not.

I feel TMMI leadership needs to get back to the basics and see how "respect for people" is put into practice at other facilities. Then get back to basics on everything else.

Great Pay, Good Hours, Great upper Management, Great Company.

Current Employee - Quality Engineer  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Toyota

Pros

Great satisfaction in your product.
    Great Pay and benefits.
    Toyota cares for their employees.
    Great Communication between upper management and Team Members.

Cons

Location.
    At times, work life balance can be a concern.

Keep up the good work. The market will turn around eventually.

There are newer employer reviews for Toyota.

Worked for Toyota? Contribute to the Community!