There are newer employer reviews for Toyota

Toyota is a great organization to work for, decent pay, great benefits and not too demanding.

Former Employee - Inventory Control  in  Owings Mills, MD
Former Employee - Inventory Control in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at Toyota part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Toyota offers great benefits packages to their associates. Their benefits alone are better than any other organization that I have worked for.

Cons

There seemed to be a breakdown in communication between middle management and associates. Pay could be better but I'm sure that's the cost of having such great benefits.

Communication is lacking within departments

255 Other Employee Reviews for Toyota (View Most Recent)

Opportunity

Current Employee - Assistant Service Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Service Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Toyota full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good company to get into. Toyota's everywhere, most shops are busy. Good way to transfer over to Lexus.

Cons

Your job is determined by what the customers think of you on their surveys.

Be able to give us more than a few days off. Vaca time would be nice because the stress.

Express Shop Nightmares Wuborn Toyota, Boston MA

Current Employee - Automotive Technician  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Automotive Technician in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toyota full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people I work with are probably the only redeeming quality about my workplace. It is kind of strange how people who are so similar ended up working at the same place. It's almost like the military or a fraternity. If you can hang, you will get more experience here in a month than you would get in four somewhere else. Do a year here and move on.

Cons

Where to start... I guess working fifty two hours over a six day work week without over time pay becomes taxing quickly and frankly feels like you're getting enlisted in some sort of program for criminals. In fairness I knew what it paid and the hours I'd have to put in but you can't help but feel like you've been taken for a ride. Probably the worst part of it all is the lies they serve on a platter to entice young techs coming out of school. "Work with a master tech one day a week", "Paid vacation days", "exposure to bigger work that oil changes", pure lies. Only after about a year and if there is a opening will you work in the Main shop where you will work alone on time consuming warranty that the master techs don't want. Paid vacation days are combined with sick days which you have to build up using a magic formula that nobody seems to know. No work paying more than 2 hours will ever be seen in Express so everything has to be up sold, and half the cars are warranty 10k oil changes that don't need any real work. So to make any hours you will be slinging fourty five dollar cabin air filters like some sort of insurance crack dealer. In the summer, the metal roofed shop gets around 100F on a hot day so make sure you hydrate. Management makes decisions based on fairy tale ideas that don't apply in reality and nine out of ten times are counter productive. Everyone hates their job but works too much to find another and will spread their agony until it seems the only solution is to start a fight club.

Stop lying, use some brains and maybe you will see why this place is a revolving door.

There are newer employer reviews for Toyota

Worked for Toyota? Contribute to the Community!