The environment was right, and the culture was perfect (open and helpful)!

Former Employee - Summer Intern  in  Torrance, CA
Former Employee - Summer Intern in Torrance, CA

I worked at Toyota full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great People. Great Experience. Great Pay.

Cons

I'm not use to working in a cubicle. I'm a hands on person, so I couldn't work sitting down for more than I did.

Continue to use MBWA, since that will give the employees satisfaction to know that they are being cared for.

Other Reviews for Toyota

Two internships with a lack of growth/development

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Georgetown, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, KY

I have been working at Toyota as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Decent benefits. I enjoyed working at the manufacturing plant, it was a fun environment. There are a lot of locations available for engineers.

Cons

Lack of growth and development during both internships. Management cared little about providing projects and work. It was as if they hired interns just to meet a quota.

Senior Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Georgetown, KY
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Georgetown, KY

I have been working at Toyota full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They have a Pleasant environment, motivating atmosphere, great benefits, and rewarding projects.
    I have worked in all the plants and though each has its own personality they all share a common thread of respect and good will.

Cons

Sometimes long days and long weeks and long weekends place a hardship on family life. Some years are worse than others.

Certain groups bear the brunt of travel and long hours. Some groups are paid hourly thus receive OT, but other groups work virtually the same hours with out OT. It is terrible for moral and a major factor in valuable employee loss. I advise to add an incentive with OT for tough work, long hours.

There are newer employer reviews for Toyota.

Worked for Toyota? Contribute to the Community!