Toyota

www.toyota.co.jp

Slow career progress but great people and product

District Manager (Current Employee)

ProsPension, good 401k, lifetime employment (if desired), solid health insurance (but it has declined in recent years), demo vehicles for certain positions.

You can learn a lot about wholesale and dealer operations. The internal support staff employees are awesome people and generally helpfully. Colleauges are very personable, team oriented and there is little fear of backstabbing for the next promotion.

Toyota generally has respect for people and trusts its associates.

ConsPay is not that great for high travel jobs; similar roles in other industries are probably paid 20-100% higher.

Too many people clogging the system (see lifetime employment), upward movement only happens from attrition and rarely from newly created positions. Cream of the crop talent doesn't rise to the top, they leave and then those roles are filled by tenure not aptitude.

Philosophical and communication disconnects between the field offices and TMS (Headquarters).

TMS upper management is not very dynamic or progressive and very reactionary; hopefully the Japanese don't give them too much control because I don't trust they are innovative or can lead the brand into new avenues that the future will necessitate.

Advice to Senior ManagementHope is not a strategy. If you can't find a way to promote young talent, they will leave. They might end up at competitors that offer faster advancement and take the knowledge learned at Toyota and apply it in an organization open to new ideas and innovation.

Toyota, MS

Team Member (Current Employee) Blue Springs, MS

I have been working at Toyota full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pay is on par with area plant is located. Not… Cons: Middle management is HORRENDOUS!!!!! Lot of Texas group leaders who came to MS treating people as if we had just crossed the border from Mexico.… Advice to Senior Management: Take care of the people and they will take care… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company, no benefits.

Valet (Current Employee) Hollywood, FL

I have been working at Toyota full-time for more than a year

Pros: Easy, idiot-proof, the time goes by fast. Cons: No benefits, subcontracted company so you file your own… Advice to Senior Management: Keeping the service department more tidy. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Toyota.

Worked for Toyota? Contribute to the Community!