Toyota Tsusho America

www.taiamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Toyota Tsusho America

Great Company To Work For

I have been working at Toyota Tsusho America

Pros

benefits enviornment pay holidays vacations

Cons

no room for growth within

21 Other Employee Reviews for Toyota Tsusho America (View Most Recent)

Not the "typical" Japanese company

I have been working at Toyota Tsusho America

Pros

Awesome benefits package that probably doesn't exist outside of most Japanese companies (i.e. no contribution for major medical for employee only, very little add'l for spouse & kids, cheap vision & dental insurance); stability (you _really_ have to mess up here to be fired); very much a hybrid company w/ corporate input from both Japanese & American sides.

Cons

Low pay compared to industry; low morale; depending on the department, Japanese management tends to micromanage the unnecessary & totally drop the ball where it's needed; general attitude of "Product A works Japan, so it'll work exactly the same way in North America too, right?"; seniority determined 99% by length of service and not ability

Benefits are great, but you can't maintain quality people paying as little as you do. In many cases, the benefits are the _only_ thing keeping many of us around.

Toyota Tsusho's motto is "Tsusho Cares," but they only care about the Japanese and Executive management.

I worked at Toyota Tsusho America

Pros

Toyota Tsusho offers a great benefits package. The pay is competitive for the industry. Tsusho is involved in everything from steel to food production, so you get to see how various industries work.

Cons

If I had to use one word to describe the management at Tsusho, it would be abusive. Non-management employees are treated very poorly. Management does not support their employees. The HR department is only concerned with making sure management is happy. As an employee, I expressed concerns about my manager. HR told me they were aware of the poor treatment my department received from the manager; however there was nothing they (HR) could do because executive management liked the manager of my department. The benefits and pay are not worth the stress brought on by the office politics at Tsusho. The only people who have a chance at advancement at Tsusho are the Japanese employees and Caucasian men.

Tsusho is the place for you if you want to work for a company that expects you to spend every waking moment at work (and most people do not receive overtime pay). I was actually told that I shouldn't plan on starting a family because the job wouldn't leave me with enough time for a family. When I first took the job at Tsusho I was excited about getting to travel all over the country and learn about the different industries. After a while, I realized management did not care about me or my fellow co-workers. My department alone has a 100% turnover rate. We all claimed management's treatment of employees as the reason we left, but nothing ever changed and it probably never will.

Just because someone isn't a manager doesn't mean they aren't a person. Treat all employees equally and fairly. Listen when employees express concerns.

There are newer employer reviews for Toyota Tsusho America