Toys ''R'' Us

www.toysrusinc.com
  www.toysrusinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Definitely worth the short amount of time I spent there.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Lincoln, NE
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

"OK" pay
Fun people to work with; managers really get to become friendly with everyone.
Work with you on days off

Cons

Scheduling can be a total mess.
Holiday season is terrifying--even for someone who has worked at a store during holiday season before.
Customers are very quick to become cranky and will always blame the first person they see.

Give your stores more leeway--our management would have definitely jumped at the chance to accommodate us and make us feel more comfortable if they had the monetary means to do so.

1241 Other Employee Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us (View Most Recent)

Management not so great.

Former Employee - Sales Team Member in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Sales Team Member in Wichita, KS

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

The people you get to come in contact with are all fairly nice, and the merchandise discount of 10% helps on large purchases like furniture or bedding sets.

Cons

The management team could have been more understanding about school schedules and health emergencies. The General Manager of the store I worked at was also not very proficient at the cash registers and helping when backup cashiers were needed. Also, the Sales Associates should have much more product knowledge than they currently have. I've gone back to shop several times after leaving my job there, and the people I worked with couldn't offer me much help with new items I had questions about.

Waste of my time

Former Employee - Team Member in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Team Member in Plantation, FL

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

The only reason I stay so long was that the medical insurance was very cheap.
    During Christmas you will have a very good income.

Cons

They don't give enough hours, is supposed to be a PART-TIME not ONCE-A-WEEK-TIME. The most hours I've got was during season (Christmas) and I didn't make full 40 hours a week. After that they started scheduling every 2 weeks and at one point I was getting only one day of 5 hours in TWO WEEKS... I was so behind on my bills and having a very difficult economic situation. They did this to every part-time Team Member as far as I know. Also I was always schedule on my "not available" hours when I had school, this was a constant problem that was never resolved. Because all of this I decided to quit and never look back.

During season treat the employees better. Is not healthy to work for 14 hours straight and being said that if you don't "stay" you will be fire. I don't even think that is legal.

There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us