Toys ''R'' Us

www.toysrusinc.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Did it for the Experience, promised myself I would not do it again.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Van Nuys, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Van Nuys, CA

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

The people that worked there were the best thing while working at Toys "R" Us. Management gave me a lot of responsibility which I thought was a compliment to my work ethic.

Cons

Horrible hours, there were weeks I was working 8 hours a week. There was never really any safety training which I thought was horrible. It was a "go out there and do it" kind of job with little to no training. Like all jobs people were preferred and really unfair. The biggest thing that got me mad was that when I got the Job they told me I was going to work as a Electronics sales person. I was gonna do most of my time in "R" zone (electronics). I was excited for that. I never stepped foot into that place.

Concentrate more on training the staff, using them to their abilities, and crack down on Managers choosing favorites in a working environment.

1350 Other Employee Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us (View Most Recent)

Waste of my time

Former Employee - Team Member in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Team Member in Plantation, FL

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

The only reason I stay so long was that the medical insurance was very cheap.
    During Christmas you will have a very good income.

Cons

They don't give enough hours, is supposed to be a PART-TIME not ONCE-A-WEEK-TIME. The most hours I've got was during season (Christmas) and I didn't make full 40 hours a week. After that they started scheduling every 2 weeks and at one point I was getting only one day of 5 hours in TWO WEEKS... I was so behind on my bills and having a very difficult economic situation. They did this to every part-time Team Member as far as I know. Also I was always schedule on my "not available" hours when I had school, this was a constant problem that was never resolved. Because all of this I decided to quit and never look back.

During season treat the employees better. Is not healthy to work for 14 hours straight and being said that if you don't "stay" you will be fire. I don't even think that is legal.

My experience at toys R Us was enjoyable and laid back.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Massapequa, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Massapequa, NY

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

The atmosphere and friendly environment

Cons

The downside of working at Toys R Us is the screaming kids and blinding picking toys for parents who don't know what to get their child.

The managers and those in leadership roles should enforce the dress code policy upon themselves and others in order to make the stores have a more professional appeal.

There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us