Toys ''R'' Us

Management not so great.

Former Employee - Sales Team Member in Wichita, KS
Former Employee - Sales Team Member in Wichita, KS

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

The people you get to come in contact with are all fairly nice, and the merchandise discount of 10% helps on large purchases like furniture or bedding sets.

Cons

The management team could have been more understanding about school schedules and health emergencies. The General Manager of the store I worked at was also not very proficient at the cash registers and helping when backup cashiers were needed. Also, the Sales Associates should have much more product knowledge than they currently have. I've gone back to shop several times after leaving my job there, and the people I worked with couldn't offer me much help with new items I had questions about.

1350 Other Employee Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us (View Most Recent)

Did it for the Experience, promised myself I would not do it again.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Van Nuys, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Van Nuys, CA

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

The people that worked there were the best thing while working at Toys "R" Us. Management gave me a lot of responsibility which I thought was a compliment to my work ethic.

Cons

Horrible hours, there were weeks I was working 8 hours a week. There was never really any safety training which I thought was horrible. It was a "go out there and do it" kind of job with little to no training. Like all jobs people were preferred and really unfair. The biggest thing that got me mad was that when I got the Job they told me I was going to work as a Electronics sales person. I was gonna do most of my time in "R" zone (electronics). I was excited for that. I never stepped foot into that place.

Concentrate more on training the staff, using them to their abilities, and crack down on Managers choosing favorites in a working environment.

Waste of my time

Former Employee - Team Member in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Team Member in Plantation, FL

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

The only reason I stay so long was that the medical insurance was very cheap.
    During Christmas you will have a very good income.

Cons

They don't give enough hours, is supposed to be a PART-TIME not ONCE-A-WEEK-TIME. The most hours I've got was during season (Christmas) and I didn't make full 40 hours a week. After that they started scheduling every 2 weeks and at one point I was getting only one day of 5 hours in TWO WEEKS... I was so behind on my bills and having a very difficult economic situation. They did this to every part-time Team Member as far as I know. Also I was always schedule on my "not available" hours when I had school, this was a constant problem that was never resolved. Because all of this I decided to quit and never look back.

During season treat the employees better. Is not healthy to work for 14 hours straight and being said that if you don't "stay" you will be fire. I don't even think that is legal.

There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us