Toys ''R'' Us

www.toysrusinc.com

Good opportunity to become part of a turn around

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Wayne, NJ

ProsAssuming you perform well in your current position, it is easy to move around the company thanks to an initiative from the CFO to promote internal recruiting and interdepartmental knowledge transfer.

The corporate headquarters is understaffed, which leaves extra opportunity to step up and shine.

Toys R Us is privately held and going through a "turn-around" phase. We are starting to make up some of the lost market share to our major competitors Target and Wal-Mart.

New successful Toys R Us strategy: Toys has rolled out a promising initiative to place Toys and Babies stores next to each other to capture more of the transitional age group between babies and juvenile aged children. This new concept has been successful and is being rolled out to the rest of the chain.

Brand equity.

ConsThe location of the corporate headquarters in Wayne, NJ is unfortunate. The commute to Wayne, NJ is long from NYC or Hoboken, NJ. The traffic is horrible and owning a car in NY/NJ is very expensive. Unless you're married with kids, life in suburban NJ could be depressing for a young professional.

Toys has a very hierarchical structure, which makes it harder to get things done unless you go through the right person who has a high enough position within the company and connections. It is important to travel through the appropriate channels to accomplish a certain task, which reduces productivity.

The current budget for pay raises is close to nil.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee retention will be a problem with the current budget for annual reviews.

An enjoyable work place.

Floor Sales and Stocking. (Current Employee) Longview, TX

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros: During the majority of the year it is an easygoing place to work at. Business picks up big time in mid Oct… Cons: I have enjoyed my time working at Toys "R" Us. I can't think of anything negative. As with… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure old as well as new employees feel appreciated and compensated. With the ever increasing cost of living it should be just as… More

Toys R Us is not a fun place to work at, even though you are around toys all day.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Canton, OH

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros: There's not many reasons, the only one I can think of is my fellow co-workers. There are a great group… Cons: The training is insufficient. I realize it's hard to effectively train everyone at Christmas time, since our staff triples during that time, but I'm sure… Advice to Senior Management: There needs to be more communication throughout all levels of management, and more feedback needs to be given, whether… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Toys ''R'' Us.

Worked for Toys ''R'' Us? Contribute to the Community!