From a temp hire

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us part-time

Pros

Working with the kids is great, being surrounded by the fun toy atmosphere. Relatively easy job and great for people who lack job experience and need to build up a resume, and the hours can be flexible if you make sure to bring it up with the manager. Apparently easy to move into a supervisor position.

Cons

Understaffed, messy as hell at the store I'm in. Lack of clear duties. Sporadic scheduling. Can't openly have a beverage out to stay hydrated. Unpaid lunch, flawed timecard system (whoops I accidentally scanned my card twice now I won't get paid for those hours unless I bring it up with a supervisor). Employees seem to be retained only by how many member cards and such that they can hand out.

Advice to Management

Care a bit more for the staff. (and stop opening so early on Black Friday)

Other Employee Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Most unprofessional environment I've ever been in.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can easily move up in this company.

Cons

No training, lots of confusion in management, and little scheduling flexibility.

Advice to Management

On my first day, before I even had an employee number or even knew how to clock in, I was put at a register with no training or supervision. I didn't even know what buttons to push. This in turn made customers very upset and impatient. There has to be at least some training within the organization. When I asked other associates to help, they seemed just as confused as me. I worked at Toys R Us for one day (I was even asked my the manager there to stay 2 hours extra) and called HR the next day to tell them this was not a good fit.

Terrible company, terrible management

Former Employee - Guest Service Leader in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Guest Service Leader in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small discount on some items, not all included After 3 years of being there, I can openly say there were no additional benefits

Cons

Terrible pay Low hours 9 months of the year Management is terrible Job security is minimal for most Your treatment is based on your sales performance Benefits are miserable No chance of promotion, ever Upper management is very disorganized, and lacks communication Will push you to your limits of frustration No chance of a constant schedule No training