Toys ''R'' Us

www.toysrusinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Wonderful Place To Work.... During the Holidays

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working here was great during Oct-Jan. There is a rush of overwhelming excitement from the holiday season and you are working a lot. The shifts feel shorter and you get to talk to customers and help them make decisions that can potentially impact a child's holiday.

Management always helps out and are understanding about mistakes. They will transfer you to other stores if the need arises and there are many chances to be promoted.

Cons

After the first few weeks of January, business is dead. Suddenly your shift feels like it is 10x longer than it was before and you stand around waiting and hoping for the moment when a customer will come and look at something. It can get pretty disheartening.

1309 Other Employee Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us (View Most Recent)

The Long Haul

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Friendly people, Nice atmosphere, easy, help generally given.

Cons

Unreasonable time frame to do projects (example: a 60 minute project is given 5 minutes to complete)

Give enough time to the person asking for it. If the person is a goof off then no, I understand that, but most of the time the veterans who know what they are doing are usually brushed off. I do not know if The highest levels give the proper time and the District Manager gives less hours in order to get a bigger bonus. That is an easy fix..No bonus' all around. There is not enough time in the day to do everything this is true, but my big suggestion is to think about this. If you force stores to cut hours and the floor people go home leaving the floor open for shrink you are not helping your business. It seems you put less people on the floor to save money, but at the same time Shrink goes up, way up. Lat year my store had an ungodly amount of shrink, but it all could have been avoided by a second person on RGD and proper people in the correct zones. Plus the aisles will look better and have the opportunity to sell more merchandise having it correctly merchandised. Also you need more Department Supervisors to help with the load. It will help and I guarantee more money for the business.

Enjoyable Employer

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rockaway, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rockaway, NJ

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Always accept me whenever I come back to work during the summer and christmas season. Flexible hours, friendly relationships with managers and coworkers

Cons

Somewhat disorganized, certain details like promotional deals and other info doesnt get explained to sales associates.

Keep an open relationship between managers and sales associates, dont just give orders, but explain processes and take a more active role in teaching coworkers

There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us