There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Overall, a helpful, fast-paced, and slightly overwhelming learning experience.

Current Employee - Personal Registry Advisor in King of Prussia, PA
Current Employee - Personal Registry Advisor in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Toys "R" Us helps to develop your career in a fast-paced environment. They help to build your work-ethic through challenging tasks. Working here keeps you on your toes, they are constantly trying new methods to improve the company.

Cons

Toys "R" Us does not show appreciation for the amount of hard work and dedication employees have for their company. They expect a lot from an employee with very little training.

reviews filtered by
  1. Worse company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - ASM in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - ASM in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hired with the promise of being promoted within 3 months. I learned much later that is what they tell everyone.

Cons

Horrible Store Managers horrible District Management unless you are part of the good old boys club. Yes it still exists at this company. If you are not one of the 'chosen' your requests for vacation time that you have earned and specific days off will be ignored. You will be scheduled to close and then back to open while Store Manager takes extra time away from the store to enjoy life. But be sure you get all the resets and price changes done with no staff. The SM will schedule all the strong workers on his shift and then ask what your problem is that you can't service the guest & complete all the tasks.

Keep doing exactly what you are doing I would love to see this company go out of business. Read Facebook look at all the customers complaints high prices and claims that you price match. This company is a joke run don't walk away.

NEVER AGAIN!

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

It's fun working with the kids (most of the time). Luckily I liked most of the people, otherwise I would have quit right away.

Cons

Poor pay (usual annual pay raise is around 8 cents). They rarely schedule anyone for full-time so that they can dodge the associated benefits.

You need a decent amount of people to be on the floor so that crap can actually get sold.

There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us