Great pt job

Former Employee - Team Member  in  Rego Park, NY
Former Employee - Team Member in Rego Park, NY

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, and some decent customers.

Cons

Management is horrible. Some of them just push all the work on the team members.

Do the job you get paid for

Other Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Awesome, although your mileage may vary.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Jose, CA

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us part-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked at a "pop-up" store, which meant things were small, close-knit, and lacked a lot of the bureaucracy and oversight you might find at other stores. We handled business and had a blast. I had very down to earth, and trusting managers, as well as very cool co-workers. The environment lent itself to more of a family atmosphere, and that made the job infinitely better.

Cons

Pop-up stores sometimes don't last, and such was the case with us. Other than that, there weren't any other cons, and it was easily the best job I've had, as far as retail and slave wages go.

Try to understand that ruling with an iron fist won't get you the results you need. Be close enough until you understand how people work, and then reap the benefits from a workforce that is comfortable in their own skin and willing do the work for you as you need.

Senior Management change needed in Wayne

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Able to hold multilple positions and perform various tasks while at TRU, good learning and training environment at multi-tasking.

Cons

Upper Management decided to remove almost all tenured team members, many with mulitple years of seasonal knowledge... big mistake!

Remove the Sr VP of stores/operations and locate someone with people skills... he personally removed many great leaders and brought in his "friends" from Home Depot

There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us.

Worked for Toys ''R'' Us? Contribute to the Community!