Toys ''R'' Us

www.toysrusinc.com
  www.toysrusinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

It's a very fast paced but fun environment during the holiday season

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate
Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people in general are fun to work with and understanding of those who have families

Cons

Especially during the holiday season, there are extra long hours that can sometimes be mandatory

Appreciate your hard workers more and give them room to grow

1241 Other Employee Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us (View Most Recent)

it's ok if you have no life a Christmas time

Former Employee - Cashier in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great people . get to see all the new toys

Cons

Christmas time the hours are a killer. so you cant enjoy Christmas

more employees. for a toy store its to bad they don't let you have time with your family for the holidays

Overall great experience.

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Firstly I must say that if you are considering or have just accepted a position from TRU as your first job, don't stress out. I can honestly say that this is the easiest job I've ever had. I met so many great people there. You will receive great hours from about July to December. The supervisors and management help out with any customer situation or question you may have, and they really like it when you show them that you have an interest in expanding your in-store knowledge and skill set.

Cons

From January to June, the store is almost dead. I would actually get 4 hours a week consecutively, and for way too long. The hours are horrible for everyone though, even management. This is impossible to live off of if you have bills to pay. However, it is a great time to take time off if you really needed to. I was encouraged to at this time to go see out of state family, because it distributes the hours a little bit better. One thing that was complained about by nearly everyone, is that they will hire just about anyone who applies for season. No matter how sloppy and rude they were, and majority of them were not much help with anything. The assistant manager my store hired seasonally was essentially a horrible dictator.

Screen the seasonal hires far more carefully.

There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us