Store manager

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us for more than 10 years

Pros

Mentally stimulating! Ever evolving at a rapid pace.

Cons

Family work life balance
Rate of pay

Other Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

The people are great but the pay for a specialist position sucks

Current Employee - PSTM
    Current Employee - PSTM

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love what I do as a signing and pricing specialist! The team and assistant manager I work with are the best in the business. They make it fun and I do look forward to coming in.

Cons

The pay is the biggest issue. When you make the same as a restaurant server without the tips in a supervisor position is a problem. Now they are cutting some of the medical benifits and raising the costs, it's hard to make ends meet.

Show that the employees under your are important instead of hiding in the office. We never get a thank you and the store manager would rather pass the buck to people who are not qualified to deal with the important issues. Corp. always wants to know what managers are doing for moral, the answers is nothing.

Its alright as an in between job.

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate  in  East Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in East Lansing, MI

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us part-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the coworkers are great. There were times I had a fun time with some of the customers. Overall, I learned some pretty interesting things about some of the product there as well as gained a little bit of interesting skills here.

Cons

Some of the customers will be rude for no reason at all. Sometimes even management will be rude to me for asking a question unless I ask in front of a customer. Otherwise, my shoulder tends to be pretty cold the majority of the time by both managers. supervisors, and customers alike.

Stop treating the new employees like they have to know it all at once. Don't be so hard on them either, a lot of these new employees are taking time that they could be using completing their homework or spending time with their family to learn the ropes that this company is making them learn in such a short amount of time. Please treat them with some respect.

There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us.

Worked for Toys ''R'' Us? Contribute to the Community!