There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Enjoyed Working With Other Hard Working Employees, Management Seemed A Bit Biased & Unorganized.

Former Employee - Off Hours Stock Crew in Albuquerque, NM
Former Employee - Off Hours Stock Crew in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Hard Working Employees, OK If Your Looking For Extra Money During Christmas Season.

Cons

Low Pay, Management, Better Training

Advice to Management

Need For Better Organization And Training

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Solid for people who don't have many options

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Totowa, NJ
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Totowa, NJ

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Above minimum wage, lots of hours during the holidays

Cons

short lunch breaks, long nights

Advice to Management

Be a little more proactive cleaning up the store, and actually help.

Easily predictable busy days (rushes), fun, easy work as a cashier with a steady line, but sometimes chaotic.

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us part-time

Pros

Even in the worst rush, (as compared to fast food, which I used to work at) you can learn to stay calm and help one customer at a time as opposed to having to help a dozen at once. You learn to just glide through the chaos. Being a cashier with a steady line has its perks in that you if you work fast and genuinely try to help the customer they will love you. Also, unlike others, I loved the "downtime" work, such as cleaning the aisles and doing planograms, I found it calming somehow and it always makes your managers super happy. The toys are awesome too! And the kids are really cute/fun.

Cons

We weren't allowed gum or water at registers (come on- did they want us to have bad breath while speaking to customers?), and on a saturday/sunday when we were clearly busy it was a bit silly being asked to do recall (putting away items out of place) and then being called to the register 2 seconds later. Holiday season is a MESS, you will automatically be scheduled for black friday and they will constantly want you to put more hours in. The store will close later and you will have to stay sometimes until midnight cleaning up customers' messes/the store after it closes. Also, you'd be surprised: It's not the kids who throw the tantrums, it's their parents. Not to mention selling the credit card and everything after a transaction really holds up the line in busy times.