Toys ''R'' Us

No longer a Toys R Us kid

Former Employee - Driver in Frederick, MD
Former Employee - Driver in Frederick, MD

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

You get comp days based on your hours of work.They do have excellent benefits,good equipment to drive.Once you learn where all the stores are it is real easy work,unless you have to pull doubles.

Cons

Poor management,lack of input into easier ways to do your job

Listen to the employees

1313 Other Employee Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us (View Most Recent)

An enjoyable work place.

Current Employee - Floor Sales and Stocking in Longview, TX
    Current Employee - Floor Sales and Stocking in Longview, TX

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

During the majority of the year it is an easygoing place to work at. Business picks up big time in mid Oct thru the New Year, as would be expected. However the number of employees also increases then to cover the bigger crowds.

Cons

I have enjoyed my time working at Toys "R" Us. I can't think of anything negative. As with most companies there is the big stress to get more sales of waranties and batteries, as well as credit apps.

Make sure old as well as new employees feel appreciated and compensated. With the ever increasing cost of living it should be just as important to keep your current employees as it is to rncourage new people to work for you. At the same time as I said before I enjoy working for the company.

Toys R Us is not a fun place to work at, even though you are around toys all day.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Canton, OH

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

There's not many reasons, the only one I can think of is my fellow co-workers. There are a great group of people that work at the store I am at. I can't even say the discount is great, because it's only 10%.

Cons

The training is insufficient. I realize it's hard to effectively train everyone at Christmas time, since our staff triples during that time, but I'm sure that a new and more effective training method could be put in place, especially training on different products in the store. We carry many electronic items in the store, and most people, even those that work in the electronics section, don't have a lot of knowledge on the different products they are supposed to be able to sell. Feedback is not something that is frequently given, whether it be positive or negative. Advancement opportunities, especially at the store I work for, is not something that comes along often, and does not seem to be a priority either. At my store, it seems as though the store manager gets the right people in key positions that make him look good, and he does not move them up from there. For example, an assistant manager position opened in our store. Two supervisors that were more than qualified for the spot applied for the job. Neither one was even given an interview for the spot. The position was eventually given to someone outside of the company. Lastly, the pay is not competitive at all. Someone would probably be better off working at Wal-Mart than at TRU.

There needs to be more communication throughout all levels of management, and more feedback needs to be given, whether good or bad, and performance problems need to be addressed immediately instead of letting the problem progressively get worse.

There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us