No longer a Toys R Us kid

Former Employee - Driver  in  Frederick, MD
Former Employee - Driver in Frederick, MD

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

You get comp days based on your hours of work.They do have excellent benefits,good equipment to drive.Once you learn where all the stores are it is real easy work,unless you have to pull doubles.

Cons

Poor management,lack of input into easier ways to do your job

Listen to the employees

Other Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Good opportunity to become part of a turn around

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

Assuming you perform well in your current position, it is easy to move around the company thanks to an initiative from the CFO to promote internal recruiting and interdepartmental knowledge transfer.

The corporate headquarters is understaffed, which leaves extra opportunity to step up and shine.

Toys R Us is privately held and going through a "turn-around" phase. We are starting to make up some of the lost market share to our major competitors Target and Wal-Mart.

New successful Toys R Us strategy: Toys has rolled out a promising initiative to place Toys and Babies stores next to each other to capture more of the transitional age group between babies and juvenile aged children. This new concept has been successful and is being rolled out to the rest of the chain.

Brand equity.

Cons

The location of the corporate headquarters in Wayne, NJ is unfortunate. The commute to Wayne, NJ is long from NYC or Hoboken, NJ. The traffic is horrible and owning a car in NY/NJ is very expensive. Unless you're married with kids, life in suburban NJ could be depressing for a young professional.

Toys has a very hierarchical structure, which makes it harder to get things done unless you go through the right person who has a high enough position within the company and connections. It is important to travel through the appropriate channels to accomplish a certain task, which reduces productivity.

The current budget for pay raises is close to nil.

Employee retention will be a problem with the current budget for annual reviews.

An enjoyable work place.

Current Employee - Floor Sales and Stocking.  in  Longview, TX
    Current Employee - Floor Sales and Stocking. in Longview, TX

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

During the majority of the year it is an easygoing place to work at. Business picks up big time in mid Oct thru the New Year, as would be expected. However the number of employees also increases then to cover the bigger crowds.

Cons

I have enjoyed my time working at Toys "R" Us. I can't think of anything negative. As with most companies there is the big stress to get more sales of waranties and batteries, as well as credit apps.

Make sure old as well as new employees feel appreciated and compensated. With the ever increasing cost of living it should be just as important to keep your current employees as it is to rncourage new people to work for you. At the same time as I said before I enjoy working for the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us.

Worked for Toys ''R'' Us? Contribute to the Community!