There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

employees pay and benifits

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

it is a good place to work, the culture here is great

Cons

there is more room for improvement

with good measurement in place, this company can be the customers first choice when it comes to toys

reviews filtered by

Used to be fun

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us full-time

Pros

Overtime TRU has added a great deal of positive structure to their business. With detailed SOPs one can do the job by following their detailed instructions. The pace in the stores can be extremely fast, with as many as 45 concurrent projects to keep everybody extremely busy. Guest service rules all retailers and TRU is no exception.

Cons

Guest service "gets in the way" of so many concurrent projects with so few associates on the teams. Few key carriers with many responsibilities. Over the years, Corporate circles through similar refreshes that waste the profit margin. Healthcare benefits have gone down, while 401k match has gone up. TRU is all about family values, as long as we are talking about the Guests' families; associates? Don't ask.

TRU is a top-down company which, although they have a Team Member Engagement Survey to express the associates' views, does not instill confidence in the employees for action to be taken by management.

2. All around a good place to work.

Current Employee - Cashier/Customer Service in Algonquin, IL
    Current Employee - Cashier/Customer Service in Algonquin, IL

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the employees are very friendly and enjoy helping customers. There are also good opportunities for internal promotion if you are one of those people who doesn't settle for doing the bare minimum at work. Personally, I look forward to season because there's always something to do. There are also plenty of hours to pick up at this time of year.

Cons

Customers get very agitated by some of our exclusions on select sales and I have heard many say our signs are confusing. My store gets absolutely dies the first week of January until about March or April, and it can be quite boring especially if you are working the customer service desk.

There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us