Toys ''R'' Us

www.toysrusinc.com
  www.toysrusinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

You would think a toy store would be a fun place to work

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Toys ''R'' Us full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay, vacation, personal growth, peers

Cons

Logistics although improvement still not up to date, Need to be coupon friendly (makes it difficult for cashiers to management) Too many conference calls (would rather be on floor)
Driven by 27 metrics instead of 3 as quoted all the time. Too much pressure placed on employees to drive numbers for min.wage with no incentives. Invest in employees (cookouts on holidays)

1241 Other Employee Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us (View Most Recent)

Unbearable work environment

Current Employee - Sales Team Member
    Current Employee - Sales Team Member

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, easy and basic work, very relaxed setting, fun charities and great promos .

Cons

Poorly managed, Outdated system, pushy

Pay closer attention to your stores and whats going on in them

Eh

I have been working at Toys ''R'' Us

Pros

Co workers are nice, willing to help if needed, and managers are nice when the hours aren't "over". Physical job so you'll become stronger and learn more.

Cons

Hours. My god where do I start? Stockers are treated like we do NOT exist. They have our hours all over the board. It changes non stop. One day it's thursday then you get call saying its been canceled. Wait a minute. You mean my job has been canceled by a truck? Yeah perfect. They have us all scheduled saying a "full" shift, but when we clock in we get told oh "you guys can only stay for 4 hours or 5 hours. Pay really sucks until you're there last 3 years. 90% you won't get promoted because they only give supervisors and managers full-time. Cashiers get more hours than us and all they do is stand around. The only good thing about this job is during peak season time. Mid November is overnights every single night up until Christmas and thats when the good amount of money comes in. Other than that, this job is only good for side cash. Working 2 days a week is not enough. After season you're working less than 8 hours a week at most.

There are newer employer reviews for Toys ''R'' Us